• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

men's shopping

Caz

TRIBE Member
Where should I check out for clothes shopping this weekend with this in mind:

budget: 5 bills
dress code: business casual
what I want: stuff that falls into the dress code, but still fashion-y metrosexual-y type cool stuff without only getting like 2 shirts for the budget

thanks!:)


edit: sunny?
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

kyfe

TRIBE Member
for business casual I buy my shirts and slacks @ Le Chateau or Banana Republic or even Bedo OH and of course the goldmine they call Winners

you can usually find pretty good deals and the service at both is always excellent.
 

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Harry Rosen, still has some deals left, you should be able to get a few pairs of pants, and a couple of shirts easy
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I usually grab my socks, belts, and occassionally a tie from Winners, a lot cheaper too. Sometimes you might get lucky and find a few Ted Baker dress shirts in there too.
 

basilisk

TRIBE Member
I'm looking for a pinstripe vest and some vaguely matching pants - any suggestions? I was thinking of Tom's place in kensington but then again, it's sort of a goofy outfit for a one-off occasion... would prefer to spend just an arm at most.
 

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I like the 4You line. Their stuff fits me perfectly. They have a store in Square One and a store right at the corner of Queen and Peter (across the street from the Gap). Not crazy expensive either.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Caz

TRIBE Member
is H&M very pricey? i have stuff from there but most of it was gifts.

like what am I looking at ballpark on a nice button down shirt??
 

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
caz said:
is H&M very pricey? i have stuff from there but most of it was gifts.

like what am I looking at ballpark on a nice button down shirt??

I think it is mediumish. Which is not so helpful to you.:D
 

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
Go for H & M over Le Chateau. Le Chateau is very poorly made clothing that erodes rather quickly. I'm surprised Tribers would reccomend Le Chateau...
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
caz said:
Where should I check out for clothes shopping this weekend with this in mind:

budget: 5 bills
dress code: business casual
what I want: stuff that falls into the dress code, but still fashion-y metrosexual-y type cool stuff without only getting like 2 shirts for the budget

thanks!:)


edit: sunny?

If you want, bbjones and I are going shopping.
I am a good veto person.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Fillmore said:
H & M
Zara

I just came back from Zara in the Eatons Centre, I finally bought this spring jacket I had my eye on, as well as a few basic Tee's and a dress shirt

Zara is addictive
 

quantumize

TRIBE Member
caz said:
is H&M very pricey? i have stuff from there but most of it was gifts.

like what am I looking at ballpark on a nice button down shirt??

40 - 60 bucks


P.S. suny yes i bought that jacket we saw at the queen location its amazing
 

vinder

TRIBE Member
H&M for shirts/pants/socks. Winners for shirts. Zara for shirts. Holt Renfrew last call for everything, but more pricey.

expect to pay about 50 bones for a shirt at H&M, 40 for a tie, 50 for light sweaters, and about 70 for pants.

At winners, can range from 30-100 for a shirt (anything above 50 is rare though).

At Zara, 50-70 for shirts, I'd recommend staying away from the pants.

At holt's looking at close to 100 for shirts, 100+ for pants.
 

Chaos

TRIBE Member
Big Boss said:
Go for H & M over Le Chateau. Le Chateau is very poorly made clothing that erodes rather quickly. I'm surprised Tribers would reccomend Le Chateau...

I'm glad someone else said it, Le Chateau is totally shit. I wouldn't even bother setting foot in there.


c.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumize

TRIBE Member
le chateua is good for one time use stuff, like a crazy acessory or something really flashy [last time i went there was for a shirt for a costume party]

BTW winners is GREAT for ties, 19 - 29 bucks and you can fine BCBG
 

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Chaos said:
I'm glad someone else said it, Le Chateau is totally shit. I wouldn't even bother setting foot in there.


c.

I must admit..I have bought the odd cute jean skirt there. But I agree I wouldnt by too much from there. I prefer Guess for skirts and such.
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
mcbee said:
i'd suggest 4You..

I CONCUR.

I buy so much shit there. I mean, you can't beat jeans for $19. And nice ones too! I bought a $249 blazer there for only $45. And shoes were half price the last time I was there.

I don't know how they sell their shit for so cheap.

And Val, that $25 4You sweater (originally $99) hasn't pilled at all. IN YOUR FACE!

I also like Five O Seven (Danforth location and Vaughn Mills).
I just got $179 Jack Jones jeans for $45!
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
le chateua is good for one time use stuff, like a crazy acessory or something really flashy [last time i went there was for a shirt for a costume party]

BTW winners is GREAT for ties, 19 - 29 bucks and you can fine BCBG

So is Holt Renfrew Last Call. I loved a lot of ties. Prada and Boss ones for $50 - $80.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top