• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mens Haircut Recommendations - places

kuba

TRIBE Member
Looking for a proper mens haircut place. Someone who knows what they are doing with scissors and clippers. I know some of you are going to say the "I just go to the barber who is 80 and has been doing my hair since I was 2 and I pay $5" - that's great, but I'm looking for some direction first before I go to that guy, who can maintain the look no problem.

Help!?

GotStyle Barber Shop?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
I should back this up by saying I'm pretty fussy when it comes to haircuts - my mop's pretty thick and curly, and I only get it cut 5-6 times/year. Luke can miraculously cut my hair in a way so that it still looks good 2 months after I've seen him. He's been my go-to for the past 4 years.

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
thank you for making this thread. I wanted some recommendations but was just too afraid to ask.

I always go to chinese places that charge under 10$ per haircut cuz I just didn't really give a fuck about how it looked as long as it as presentable. Recently though, I've been trying to grow my hair and started caring about how my hair looks and these places always mess it up.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
I can't take house of lords seriously.

I went in there and asked for a pomp and got a skater cut that made me look like John Connor from Terminator 2.

You get what you pay for there.

To me, the best Barbers in the city are the guys at Crow's Nest in Kensington, followed by the guys at Hallowed Ground. They're hip and can do anything from solid fades to classic mens cuts.

THey're both $20 - and its worth ever penny.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Yeah, they're good dudes at both those places, but expect to wait at Hollowed Ground, they just take walk ins. I go to a guy on St. Clair these days, he's old, Italian, affordable and with my declining foliage up there he's quick to take care of things.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Yeah, they're good dudes at both those places, but expect to wait at Hollowed Ground, they just take walk ins. I go to a guy on St. Clair these days, he's old, Italian, affordable and with my declining foliage up there he's quick to take care of things.
I'm cheap, balding and a resident of St. Clair. I would like to know more about said barber.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
yep, for HG - i usually put my name ona list then go grab brunch

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
He's in a shop just north of St. Clair on Lauder St. Looks like he's been doing his thing there for quite awhile. I think it's mostly Italians that go in there, but he's friendly enough to us mangiacakes.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I have very thick naturally curly hair that grows insanely fast. I can't go to a $10 barber or my hair will look messed in two weeks. As it is I have to get my hair cut every 5 weeks.

I've been going to the same hairdresser for over 10 years, Jen the owner of InI Hair Design // 416.530.1533 // Toronto is awesome but pricey and you need to book 2-3 months in advance. But her other stylists are great too.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders