• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Men's Fashion Blog

octo

TRIBE Member
my favourite cords are levi's 514 boot leg (minimal flare).

they're hard to find these days. most are "slim straight" which are tighter than the regular straight leg or boot cut.

i've seen cords at h&m but haven't tried them on. Joe Fresh also has cords. i think i bought pants from joe fresh once and returned them cause they were too tight.

i've bought 3 pants from these guys.

French Corders - Brown | Bonobos Brown 5-Pocket French Corduroy Pants - Bonobos Men's Clothes - Pants, Shirts and Suits

the 2 chinos fit great.

the cords fit too baggy. i think they were having quality control issues when i bought them a couple of years ago.

however all 3 pants fit a bit differently even though they're supposed to be the same cut.

i have a credit with them from the last time i ordered and returned pants. maybe i'll use it on new cords.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Simons currently has free shipping when you order from the webstore - found this out when I went scouring online for socks after coming up empty handed at Winners and Marshalls.

octo

TRIBE Member
you know there's other places that sells socks. i get mine at H&M. Lots of socks at Joe Fresh. I was actually gonna buy a pair of wool socks. The had acrylic in them and I couldn't remember if that makes my feet sweat.

Hey Truth, thanks for that link. I'm gonna get a new suit. gonna check that place that uses canadian tailors.

me

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the tip Federko! Got exactly what I wanted and saved a couple hundred bucks.

Last edited:

djfear

TRIBE Member
We should revive this thread.

Ever since I visited my family in Norway I've been way more into fashion than before. Clothes and all that is associated with it were always the last on my list for things to spend money on, but my family over there have 3 high end clothing stores in Oslo's downtown area, and they also own a fashion distribution company. Anytime we would go out they would all dress impeccably.

Over the last 8 months I started to teach myself about it a bit more, anytime I go to a store I always look at the quality of the clothing, e.g. what it's made out of, where it's been manufactured.

Where do you all shop these days? I'm really digging Massimo Dutti for their colours, fabrics, and styles. Definitely very "me". The price point is similar to Banana Republic but the styles are more along the lines of Harry Rosen and Ted Baker.

diablo

TRIBE Member
The older I get, the more ridiculous I feel spending large amounts on clothing. Yes, better stuff often costs more, but when everyone is making their stuff in a third-world country, what are you actually getting by paying 3x as much apart from lining some corporation's pockets? When I was shopping for a winter work coat, I noticed that even Armani stuff (not Armani Exchange) was made in China.

I'm also much more conscious of quality as I get older. I've come to the conclusion that I own too much clothing (especially shirts), and I want to streamline my future wardrobe.

djfear

TRIBE Member
The older I get, the more ridiculous I feel spending large amounts on clothing. Yes, better stuff often costs more, but when everyone is making their stuff in a third-world country, what are you actually getting by paying 3x as much apart from lining some corporation's pockets? When I was shopping for a winter work coat, I noticed that even Armani stuff (not Armani Exchange) was made in China.

I'm also much more conscious of quality as I get older. I've come to the conclusion that I own too much clothing (especially shirts), and I want to streamline my future wardrobe.
The reality is, Italian made Egyptian cotton dress shirts with amazing patterns are $375. But you're right, seeing a Made in China sweater for $150 seems a bit ridiculous.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I could spend money on certain things, like jackets, shoes, pants. But I find sweaters, dress shirts, and other things like that just wear out too quickly so it would be a hard pill to swallow when you're dropping $350 on a top.