1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Men's Fashion Blog

Discussion in 'Guys Stuff Forum' started by Karim, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

As I'm starting to feel less confident in my fashion choices, I could definately use a blog of some sort for some tips. There are a bunch of blogs out there for womens fashion, but none for mens fashion. There's gotta be a market for this kinda shit, there's gotta be something out there? Anybody know of any?

If none, why doesn't somebody start one? MoFo?

2. OwenThomas

OwenThomas TRIBE Promoter

hahaha I don't recognize too many names on this board, but I think he'd be the right man for the job.

3. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

try men.style.com, it's a decent start

4. technowelt

technowelt TRIBE Member

You can always check out the newest designer stuff at http://www.firstview.com

You have to pay for access to the latest collections, but you can see the current stuff for free.

edit: looks like they redesigned their site too.. much better than before

5. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

or just try marksworkwarehouse.com

6. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Okay, but what if I want to wear clothes that do not scream "I like to poke bum?"

7. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

you find marks work warehouse clothing to look gay?

8. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Haha ... I actually didn't see bbj's post before I replied.

Marks Work Warehouse screams, "I work in I.T."

9. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

you don't even wear shirts, what are you worried about :p

10. technowelt

technowelt TRIBE Member

You don't have to dress exactly like a runway model.. Take inspiration instead. Take this guy, for example:

[​IMG]

Lose the vest and scarf, and you've got yourself an everyday outfit.

11. derek

derek TRIBE Member

ted baker

12. derek

derek TRIBE Member

the belt buckle is too prissy (and the scarf too).

13. technowelt

technowelt TRIBE Member

yes, forgot about the belt buckle... its a little glory.

But i mentioned the scarf already.

14. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

au contrair, today I saw the most flamboyant ted baker dress shirt in hot pink at winners.

15. JOSHB

JOSHB TRIBE Member

If youre a 40-year-old ghey.

16. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Ya right, the flagship store is staffed by all gay guys in Ted Baker.
    And I own a few pieces too. Ted makes great purples considering I hate purple.

17. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Well, I already write a blog and have been writing it for 7+ years. But it's interlaced with sex and stupid shit so I wouldn't follow my blog for fashion.

Why don't we just use this thread? Or the friggin' 10000 fashion threads I start.

18. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

And once again, can we stop saying "looking gay?"
    Both gay and straight men buy over the top shit. I know equal amounts of straight men who would wear this kind of fashion forward shit. Obviously, sexuality has nothing to do with it. The only way you're gonna look gay is if we see a pic of you getting fingered by some beefy guy while he cums all over your face.

I mean, really.

On a related note: my Gucci suit alterations cost me $285. I am super pissed.

19. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Because they lack consistancy and only touch on a few things. I'd definately follow a blog that followed watches, cologne, both ends of the spectrum of money, clothes that are fashionable yet affordable, and the ultra expensive one of a kind stuff.

There's too many referance sites out there that explain timeless mens fashion traits, style.com is severly lackin in info and a mess to navigate. If you don't do it, I think SOMEBODY should.

20. miller

miller TRIBE Member

In that vein, but for classier events, try "Moore's".

21. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

No way. I love Details' Style Guy. He's the best. On the site, there are drop-downs for all kinds of stuff. Other than going out and asking sales people, that's where I got a lot of my suit info and tips.

22. Dam That SnarkEE Kid

Dam That SnarkEE Kid TRIBE Member

http://xyyz.ca/

its the male equivalent of sweetspot or dailycandy -- you subscribe and you get an email in your inbox every morning with stuff like "fashion" for men. (straight men's fashion, ahem.)

i personally think russell smith from the globe and mail is a douchebag but i also think the idea of "straight men's fashion" is douche too. the ycouncil is the gayest thing i've ever heard about.

listen, you wanna dress well -- you are gunna look a little gay. that is how it is.

you wanna dress in "straight men's fashion," there is an eddie bauer at eaton centre -- go there.

23. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

ummm... yeah... i shop at MWW for work

where else am i going to get carhardts and steel toe boots in my size?

and they have great work socks!

(ps i am not a man so i guess really i shouldn't be posting in here!)

24. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

Fillipa K

you'll look good

25. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

Agreed x infinity on the douchebag front, but he's usually on point with CERTAIN things (okay, he was a little late on the velvet jacket thing, but I don't think anybody wanted to be first out the gate with that trend anyway). The odd pieces that they do in the Style section where it's like a roundtable discussion with Smith and a couple of other guys are usually pretty good.

Thanks for the link though!