• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Men with guns....

mingster

TRIBE Member
So I'm sitting on the GO Train this morning, it's a lovely sunny morning. And I sit next to these two men that I see quite often, they look decent, I know they tend to talk alot together in the mornings. I just did my hair this morning and decided not to put on my walkman.

As I listen to the conversation.
It went something like this:

Guy 1: Do you have a 30 cal. available?
Guy 2: Yeah, I think I've got a couple of them kicking around somewhere (WTF?).
Guy 1: pulls out his Palm Pilot and does some calculations....
Guy 2: What do you need it for?
Guy 1: Intimidation.

By this time, I'm interested.

They proceed to discuss more specs and exchange info. I gather they are talking about guns. So I think to myself, are they cops? They look pretty macho n' shit, they might be... They continue to talk, one agrees to lending the other this gun that he's got kicking around (WTF?).

Guy 1: Did I tell you the story about the e-mail?
Guy 2: no.
Guy 1: Some guy sent my wife an e-mail saying that I was misbehaving. I think I know who it is. I'm just waiting for the right moment and I'm gonna show it to him and say 'do you know what this is?'
Guy 2: I wouldn't go that far. That could be a threat.
Guy 1: No. Because I'm not gonna threaten him. I'm just gonna show it to him. And then he'll get the picture.

I started to feel sick to my stomach. What the fuck is wrong with people? These are grown men, trying to scare each other with guns! I couldn't believe it. It just seems so bull-headed. This isn't where we are supposed to be headed. This is how bad shit starts.

I know guns are everywhere in this city. I know people use them all the time. It's just that it's beyond me, how immature and insecure this guy was. And I'm sure it tends to be a running trend among men with guns. I've had personal experience with men with guns, and I can say it is the farthest thing from sexy when a man thinks he has to protect himself that way. It's no life. What a man! :rolleyes:

Ming.
 

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
gotta love the NRA - american's NEED their guns - its their RIGHT (circa 19th century) to bear arms. gimme a fucking break.
 

Rosey

TRIBE Member
i like guns.
.30 cal would be illegal in canada unless you were a 'grandfathered' collector.
but mortars, that's where it's at. the rules concerning possesion of artillary pieces are surprisingly sparse, and just think of the damage you can do! ;)

<---- opposes gun control for the same reasons he opposes the war on drugs and censorship.
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Rosey, I'm not down with the lingo, but I think ALL this guys guns were illegal. And that's not the point. People using guns to freak each other out, and display their manhood is fucking stupid. I'm against them period, but can accept some uses for which there are valuable arguments.

These two men made me sick to my stomach. They are the reason that people get shot and die in this city everyday, ie: that young girl who was shot last week, bullet was intended for her boyfriend. I don't expect the cops to protect me and anyone else really, even if that is their job. I just wish people used a little more sense and a little less macho bull-shit. Too many bad things happen, and they happen right under our noses.

Ming.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

labRat

TRIBE Member
damn, i thought this was a thread about manboobs


i personally think that all firearms should be registered, it's a potentially lethal weapon and to have them floating around with no real way to track down owners seems crazy to me.

i don't see why people 'need' to have firearms in their possession other than a hunting rifle if they hunt. if you live in 'the hood' and need the 'protection', then that may be different but i don't live that lifestyle so i won't comment any further.

--craig
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
can everyone honestly say that there was never a moment in their life, not even for a second, where if they had had a gun onhand that they might have pulled it on someone to threaten their life?

If there was ever such a moment, you shouldnt have a gun.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Hmmmm, .30Cal eh, the only weapon I can think of right now in the .30Cal are carbine and rifles??! Never heard of a .30Cal =7.65 mm, in a handgun, possible a Luger or Defender though, would have to check, very rare to get a handgun in that cal.
 

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
can everyone honestly say that there was never a moment in their life, not even for a second, where if they had had a gun onhand that they might have pulled it on someone to threaten their life?

If there was ever such a moment, you shouldnt have a gun.
What if that person was threatening your life or your family, comrades? Brings a new perspective on things doesn't it.
 

noisy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD


What if that person was threatening your life or your family, comrades? Brings a new perspective on things doesn't it.
Sure, vigilante justice is where it's at! :rolleyes:

Like Michael Knight, I am above the law.

*jumps in Kit and drives away*
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD
Hmmmm, .30Cal eh, the only weapon I can think of right now in the .30Cal are carbine and rifles??! Never heard of a .30Cal =7.65 mm, in a handgun, possible a Luger or Defender though, would have to check, very rare to get a handgun in that cal.
i also have never heard of a .30 cal handgun. .30cal's are big guns. assualt rifles or light machine guns.

ming, a 'grandfathered' collector is somebody who was a registered gun collector before the newer, more restrictive, legislation passed, which means they are allowed to have things that people who are start 'collecting' now are not. things like semi-automatic weapons and large clip hand-guns.

i personally feel that people should be at least as well armed as the police. so if they are allowed to carry a beretta 9mm with a 15 bullet clip, then so should everyone. on the other hand, there are many people who are not responsible enough to carry weapons, and many situations where nobody should have a gun or other weapon present.
 

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I think your overdosing on my point, and stretching it. Im not an advocate of the NRA, or owning firearms, or anything like that.

In Canada people shouldnt really own a gun, unless they have met the full obligations of the Canada's Firearms Act of 1995, that went into full effect on Dec 1, 1998.
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey


i personally feel that people should be at least as well armed as the police. so if they are allowed to carry a beretta 9mm with a 15 bullet clip, then so should everyone.


on the other hand, there are many people who are not responsible enough to carry weapons, and many situations where nobody should have a gun or other weapon present.
so why do you feel that people should be at least as well armed as the police considering the second part of that quote?
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Ross, I think I misquoted the specs on that gun.
It was just an example....not really pertinent to the point of my story. :)

Ming.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by mingster


I know guns are everywhere in this city. I know people use them all the time. It's just that it's beyond me, how immature and insecure this guy was. And I'm sure it tends to be a running trend among men with guns. I've had personal experience with men with guns, and I can say it is the farthest thing from sexy when a man thinks he has to protect himself that way. It's no life. What a man! :rolleyes:

Ming.
I believe this is her point.

I personally would take out the "running trend among men and guns part" though.

I would say I personally have never had a run in with men or women thinking guns are sexy or anything close to it, and I have probably been around weapons more than most on this board. To place all men in that group doesn't seem all that fair.

However sounds like the guy was a "weirdo". Too bad a Cop wasn't around.

That's just me though :rolleyes:
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
I've had quite a bit of experience around guns. And I can say that, in the city, it can be considered "glamorous" to own or use a gun. And it's not. It's bull-shit. In any case, the reasons for people possessing firearms in the city are not cool. All it does is cause problems. And more often than not, the need for a gun can be avoided, if that person had stayed out of trouble in the first place.

I know of many people who fucked everything up just by being a little too brave and a little to crazy one night. People who let their lives get out of hand and felt they needed to protect themselves. Lots of people think they can control themselves, having a gun can change that. It's fucking sad. It's disgusting.

Ming.
 
Top