• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Memo for Fashion Retards...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
von dutch is a stale brand
Tell my housemate who has 4 in different colours, and thinks he is the dogs. He also thinks that wearing a black baseball cap with a suit is fashionable

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirtymatt
Tell my housemate who has 4 in different colours, and thinks he is the dogs. He also thinks that wearing a black baseball cap with a suit is fashionable
talk about an over-marketed logo...color is only thing different from shirt to shirt or hat to hat...are we THAT boring that we'll endure a stagnant design to make ourselves "hip"...fuckin stupid...i bought tee at winners but wore it only as a sleeping shirt...so boring

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
meshback trucker hats are fucking played.
word.... i still think they look okay, but when i'm browsing aritzia and i see these ginas/ginos trying on the von dutch hats i feel like screaming.....

you shouldn't have to try to be cool.

buying a von dutch hat this late in the game is incredibly uncool.

haha.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Memo for Fashion Retards...

Originally posted by littlenutty
word.... i still think they look okay, but when i'm browsing aritzia and i see these ginas/ginos trying on the von dutch hats i feel like screaming.....

you shouldn't have to try to be cool.

buying a von dutch hat this late in the game is incredibly uncool.

haha.
at first I actually like the idea of them "coming back" but a roots one??...a von dutch one??...for it to really work you have to go out and get the original ones..."champ's driving school" or "bea's diner" or shit like that...I hate produced "vintage" :(

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirtymatt
Sorry its an English phrase which is short for the dog's bollocks which actually is a good thing.
Interesting language those brits have....The dog's bollocks is good, but bollocks is bad.

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
so is shopping at 'Urban Outfitters'.
yeeeep..... like terrawrist III said anything fake vintage is silly....(not to mention overpriced!) however i'm guilty of indulging in american eagle outfitters 'vintage inspired' sheer tees they sold this past summer, they were sooooo comfy for sleeping and working out... and for those really hot days.... :)

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I like to wear Spandex and High Heels to work

top it with a Cotton Ginny Sweatshirt and I'm ready to Par-Tay

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by littlenutty
yeeeep..... like terrawrist III said anything fake vintage is silly.... however i'm guilty of indulging in american eagle outfitters 'vintage inspired' sheer tees they sold this past summer, they were sooooo comfy for sleeping and working out... and for those really hot days.... :)
but urban outfitters sells shit you can get at vallue village for at least 10 times the price...those incredibly light wind breakers and small hoodies go for at least 50 bucks there sometimes...hard to justify

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LeoGirl
I like to wear Spandex and High Heels to work

top it with a Cotton Ginny Sweatshirt and I'm ready to Par-Tay
Don't forget the leg warmers. I heard they're making a comeback.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Being trendy is expensive.

It's all about the classic style. You can never go wrong with a t-shirt and jeans.

...unless you're at a formal.