• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

melatonin

poker face

TRIBE Member
Bought some in the states the other week. Have been taking it...and I think it works.

Not really sure though.

check back in another week or two.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

chooch

TRIBE Member
i picked some up here in Canada on my lunch ... the guy at the health food store was like " hmm, gee i don't know why but i'm able to have this melatonin in stock"....:D

edit : :eek: okay deep...i'll do a search...just looking for the quick and nasty method of both annoying Tribers and getting info before i log off here in 5 minutes.

deep

TRIBE Member
I find that if you have search results displayed as posts rather than threads, it makes information more quickly available than having to look through threads one by one...

JESuX

TRIBE Member
I take it sometimes. That shit zonks you right the fuck out after a couple hours.

But I don't have sleeping problems usually, so I don't know of it's effectiveness on those who truly require it's properties...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
It's highly unadvisable for people under 40 to take melatonin.

there are better, safer alternatives like Valerian or St. John's wort.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by The Tesseract
It's highly unadvisable for people under 40 to take melatonin.

Those are no safer, and in fact have potentially more serious side effects.

The only side effect melatonin of--even in large, large doses--is sluggishness the next day.

It's not profitable, which is why it is not marketed by big pharma. It is highly effective, and safe, just not profitable.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

twitch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
can you get melatonin in TO?
YES, it's NOW available for sale in Canada, we just stocked a shit-load at GNC @ Eaton Centre.
There wasn't anything really that bad about it in the first place.
I hear it works well, puts you to sleep.

They're actually legalising a slew of things that weren't available in Canada.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by twitch
YES, it's NOW available for sale in Canada, we just stocked a shit-load at GNC @ Eaton Centre.
There wasn't anything really that bad about it in the first place.
I hear it works well, puts you to sleep.

They're actually legalising a slew of things that weren't available in Canada.
News to me.

Do you have any links to this claim? I'm very curious as to how this slipped under my radar...

As I understand it, since melatonin is considered a new drug, it needs full trials, starting with animal safety/toxicity studies, followed by Phase 1, and a New Drug Submission before it can/will become legal, with a DIN and everything.

Or perhaps it is being shepherded in under the new Natural Health Products Regulations?

twitch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
News to me.

Do you have any links to this claim? I'm very curious as to how this slipped under my radar...

As I understand it, since melatonin is considered a new drug, it needs full trials, starting with animal safety/toxicity studies, followed by Phase 1, and a New Drug Submission before it can/will become legal, with a DIN and everything.

Or perhaps it is being shepherded in under the new Natural Health Products Regulations?
No link. I work at GNC (General Nutrition Center). Today I saw about 30 boxes of melatonin. They're legalising L Arganine too I think and a few others.

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract

St. John's wort is bad, bad stuff. You're much better off with melatonin in terms of potential side effects.