• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

MEG festival 2005

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
looks pretty good

i think i am gonna see:

OPTIMO & ADULT. on october 2nd

&

either TIGA & RHINOCEROS, or RICHIE HAWTIN & FRIENDS on October 22nd.

anyway.
looks good.

musork

TRIBE Member
ok they are label mates of mine and stuff but wince when are broken social scene electronic?
same with jad fair for example....
they need to change thier festval name to be called the semi ellectronic music festival that really wants to be pop montreal festival hahaha

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetdaddy
i am really liking ADULT's new direction.
leading the pack for ROCK-RIOTEERS!
Yeah, Ladytron's new disk went the same way as well. (Got it cranking right now!)

Yeah, MEG looks great this year. Now if I could only crunch the numbers....

Lurker

TRIBE Member
"RICHIE HAWTIN & FRIENDS on October 22nd."

Might have to hit this one. I'm curious to compare it to his set at Guv last weekend.

For once, I'l love for him to bust out the maximal goodness of a few years ago. Just once. I love his minimal, but damn could he ever wreck shit (Live @ L'Enfer for example)

UR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lurker
"RICHIE HAWTIN & FRIENDS on October 22nd."

Might have to hit this one. I'm curious to compare it to his set at Guv last weekend.

For once, I'l love for him to bust out the maximal goodness of a few years ago. Just once. I love his minimal, but damn could he ever wreck shit (Live @ L'Enfer for example)
I would'nt expect it, it would be nice, but don't expect it.

frogs

TRIBE Member
definitely miss those amazing slamming sets of Richie's, i heard him at Roxy Blu I think it's been a year ago now but that was the last really great set I heard from him and on a great sound system too. Guv was alright but more of what I would chill to, towards the end he changed and made it harder. Hard to find a really good set that depicts his real party sound, maybe the Glasgow Mix........ maybe not