1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Media

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by atbell, Jun 2, 2010.

1. atbell

atbell TRIBE Member

Part of the reason I've been busy lately is because I've started a media company.

It turns out that my interests are pretty well summed up by 'media' if the term is applied broadly to include all forms of media, and a few 'industries' that aren't traditionally thought of as media.

I see media as methods of distributing information for either entertaiment or information. What this means is that video games, film, music, photography, news, research, and literature all fall into the category of media.

My goal is to begin producing and distributing media globally. Only time will tell if it's going to work.

Montreal Media Management

That's where it's going to start.

2. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Congrats! Best of luck with it.

3. derek

derek TRIBE Member

is mmm some kind of cipher i need to decode to get into the media rich environment behind the first page? ;)

4. atbell

atbell TRIBE Member

LOL - I wish. It's a full on place holder website as I get the paper work done to sell shares. Once the shares are sold then I can actually pay my IT guys to work on what we've been designing. Funny how they don't start without getting paid ...

In positive news, from what I've heard, Mad Samari Films is working out a deal with Maverick films (Maverick Films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Why is this important? Because Mad Samari Films has been in contact with me about optioning a script of mine! Fucking right!

Of course this is your standard entertainment type news, so everything could change in a minute or two, but at least I'll be having fun until then.