• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Me + Public Enemy onstage in Toronto

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
So what you guys don't know....

When I turned 16..... and I had my first car..... the hip-hop head in me bought a vanity plate that said LAMPIN - (means chillin'....laid back but super cool). On the It Takes a Nation of Millions album, Flavor had a song called Cold Lampin' with Flavor.

The car died and the plates sat in my parent's garage for 24 years.

Bought a ticket to the Enemy show and decided I'm going to give Flavor Flav my plate.....cause I'm a grown ass man and I'll figure out a way to do this.

Brought it to the show...and all of a sudden, I'm onstage with the Legends of Hip-hop.

[YOUTUBE]Vpt-7RDHITg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VukV7-pl2bI[/YOUTUBE]

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
haha absolutely ridiculous

respect!

how old are your students mark? like would they trip out if you were all ..." yeah well flav pulled me onstage and...."

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
haha absolutely ridiculous

respect!

how old are your students mark? like would they trip out if you were all ..." yeah well flav pulled me onstage and...."
This year....they are super young. I teach Kindergarten this year.

They have no idea who PE is.

:eek:

nuttz

TRIBE Member
hahahahaha That's amazing!!!!!!!! PE still to this day one of my favs.

Did you end up giving the plate to Flav?

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
This is amazing! I still get a charge out of seeing the S1W's marching on the sides of the stage. Were they present for this show?

oeretS

TRIBE Member
they have a DOPE track in the movie End of Watch, hadn't heard it before. pretty good flick too.

[YOUTUBE]pCx5Std7mCo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a sucker for those soul horn samples

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Well done!!!

This is especially awesome today because I just bought a few Public Enemy albums on itunes after hearing a song in a movie I had not heard since I was about 15.

What a cool story to tell and with video to prove it!!!