• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Me new chief of UW Aboriginal students association

swilly

TRIBE Member
hahahah i just got elected to the presidency of the ASA aboriginal students association

I am going to take the aboriginal people in a new direction. Away from traditionalism and tribalism and direct us on the path of development, modernity and lead us in new role away from rural culture.

I am sick of the associations or fusion of aboriginal culture and white country culture. IE country music and cowboy hats on natives.

First on the agenda is to prepare my opening speech on our invitation to international students week at university of waterloo.

It is a nice gesture but it really does typify the situation of aboriginals in canada. In that we are viewed as foreigners
in our own nation. I find it odd that those british canadians or irish or french decent were not invited to this event. Indeed they have a far greater claim to being international than the aboriginal students association.

oh well time to take improve the system and show people the inaccuracies of thier perceptions

meegwetch

If you want to watch me come say some random bollacks come to international students week on the 2 week in feb.

cheers
swilly

swilly

TRIBE Member
and my second act will be to change the name from president to supreme Khan of the ASA. It really does have a nicer tone to it and it honours the aboriginal peoples distant cousins the mongolians.

hahahah

Ghengis swilly Supreme Khan of the UW ASA

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
How does delivering ass-pizza promote the red races?
my ass was red from the cold. I
t was free advertisiing for the red peoples

swilly

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
I'll come if your pilling while on the podium! Nothing like helping to add to stereotypisim :p:D
I am on a detox untill ethier one i move back to europe or 2 i get into grad school

untill then i have quit smoking drinking and pilling and everything

I kinda want to let my body restore itself and then try to strike a better balance in the future

swilly

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
I am on a detox untill ethier one i move back to europe or 2 i get into grad school

untill then i have quit smoking drinking and pilling and everything

I kinda want to let my body restore itself and then try to strike a better balance in the future

swilly
you finally did/said something smart. :)

Congratulations on your election.

Bumbaclat

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Katman

TRIBE Member
and my second act will be to change the name from president to supreme Khan of the ASA. It really does have a nicer tone to it and it honours the aboriginal peoples distant cousins the mongolians.

hahahah

Ghengis swilly Supreme Khan of the UW ASA
What about "Grand Dragon of the UW ASA"? You can tell everyone that it was a native American title first before the white man stole it. :D

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Not really related but....

Chief appears to be ousted from Quebec Mohawk community over police dispute
57 minutes ago

KANESATAKE, Que. (CP) - Tension was still high on a Mohawk reserve west of Montreal Tuesday over a policing dispute that appears to have ousted the band's chief.

Grand Chief James Gabriel, whose house was burned as tempers boiled over on Monday night, is no longer in charge and is no longer a member of the band council, a dissident band council member said Tuesday. "James Gabriel has deserted the community," said John Harding. "We consider that James Gabriel is no longer a member of the band council."

Harding blamed Gabriel for the dispute, which involves aboriginal officers who were brought in from outside the Mohawk community to police it and crack down on crime. They have been prevented from leaving police headquarters to do their job.

Gabriel said Tuesday he and his wife and children had left the house before the fire started. His dog died in the fire and his car and tractor also were set on fire, he said.

However, Gabriel said wasn't going without a fight.

"I'll be damned if I'll let them chase me off my territory where I grew up."

He blamed protesters for setting fire to his home.

"We narrowly escaped being burned in that building. They had no clue that I wasn't there."

The reserve, near the community of Oka, gained notoriety in 1990 over a land-claims standoff that saw one provincial police office killed when officers stormed barricades erected to prevent expansion of a nearby golf course on land Mohawks considered sacred.

Some Mohawk protesters said Monday they were angry because the reserve's police chief was fired because he was deemed soft on crime. They want him reinstated. Others said the uproar stemmed from fears that the RCMP was being called in to curtail a lucrative contraband cigarette trade.

Terry Isaac, the new police chief, has said he's on the reserve to fight the drug trade.

Isaac arrived on Sunday with 60 officers drawn from 18 aboriginal communities.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

swilly

TRIBE Member
Yeah having a Native American complain about what the white man stole would be fresh and original.

You stupid dumb person
where did i mention in my post anything about complaining about land appropriation?

NOOO where

You should of read my post before you responded
:p

Last edited:

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
james gabriel, john harding and terry isaac are the worst indian names ever.

Ya "danny long boat" and "william big canoe" are far better

whatever !!!!

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
You stupid dumb person
where did i mention in my post anything about complaining about land appropriation?

NOOO where

You should of read my post before you responded
:p
I was remarking to what Katman posted you idiot. My post is under his, not yours. How are you going lead a student organisation to mediocrity if you can't even follow a message board conversation?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
I was remarking to what Katman posted you idiot. My post is under his, not yours. How are you going lead a student organisation to mediocrity if you can't even follow a message board conversation?
Fair enough but perhaps use quates as they can better emphasize such things

oh well i apoligize then

los siento

swilly