• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

MDMA and Emotions

Karim

TRIBE Member
I'm curious to know the general concensus of the people on this board when it comes to the human emotions of an MDMA/E user.

Everyones heard the term chemical romance before, and I've seen it happen quite often.

I've also seen people start crying at movies days after dosing. Movies they normally wouldn't cry over. And the same people admitting that they feel emotionally out of whack.

When it comes to human interaction and falling in love, how much of it is real emotions if you drop pills? Could you say the love is pure despite the fact that your seratonins at the circus?

It seems like in my age group (18-22) in the "scene", not alot of people have solid relationships. The relationships that do exist seem to be full of conflict. For a lifestyle that's so driven on 'community' and 'music' more so than the 'pick up' scene, I expected it to be different. More like the punk rock scene (which is pretty big down here in st. catharines) and seems to have more people in more stable relationships. Could this be cause of the drugs?

discuss.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Karim said:
I'm curious to know the general concensus of the people on this board when it comes to the human emotions of an MDMA/E user.

Human emotions? I could use some of those.

,g

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
I liken taking e to eating a lot of bacon.

Wait, I take that back. NOTHING IS AS GOOD AS BACON!

zoo

TRIBE Member
mdma severely depletes your serotonin which results in "Mood swings, temporary depression after use of MDMA"

it takes weeks for your serotonin levels to get back to "normal", which explains why doing doing a second pill the next day isn't ever as good as the first ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
As someone who used struggle to express my feelings I have to admit that using e in my early 20s did help me open up to people. My experiences have been very positive and I've always found drugs help me explore my emotions and expand my ways of thinking. That said this experimentation has been reasonably controlled, relative to that of my friends and what I perceived to be normal in society. I don't find e makes me sad or makes me cry ... in my experience it can intensify feelings but it cannot manufacture them.

Karim said:
It seems like in my age group (18-22) in the "scene", not alot of people have solid relationships. The relationships that do exist seem to be full of conflict. ... Could this be cause of the drugs?

Yup, that sounds like the way it was when I was 18 - 22. Hell this still sounds like some of my friends! I think this is just an age thing. You and your friends are pretty young still and experimenting with drugs and sex and then having love mixed up in that gets pretty damn confusing. Still, if you and your friends are using e every weekend then yes you probably will find emotions run high and everyone seems a bit fucked up.

deep

TRIBE Member
Generally MDMA will expose the people who have preexisting underlying issues with serotonin versus those who do not. Those who do not have preexisting underlying issues can afford to mess around with the drug occasionally and observe the lower end of the ramifications from doing so. Those who do have issues will find themselves questioning whether or not the indulgence is a sustainable habit as the positives tend to come with significant negatives. Both are attracted to the drug for the way it can make them momentarily feel.

Speaking to all chemicals in general - including socially accepted ones like alcohol or nicotine...Over time, I think people gravitate towards desiring sustainability in their emotional disposition. Chemicals tend to bring about short lived extreme highs and consequent lows compared to what can be done unassisted. In economics, history has shown that sustainable but more modest growth tends to be more beneficial (read: present) in the long run than short lived extreme growth. Youth tries to engineer emotions it through momentary implements, age tends to try and recreate about the same feelings through experience or action. Youth can afford to fuck around that way because of different physiological tolerances. For the same reason you won't find any 35 year old trying to go on the benders they did during frosh week.

The latter method usually falls short but is not as difficult to recreate. But there's a reason why hardcore drug users eventually die/hit rock bottom or find a more moderate way of attaining what they want.

Last edited:

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Eating bacon on a Sunday morning after partying with my friends, always opens the emotional well for me..

I love youze guyz!! Tear...

Karim

TRIBE Member
L'ilMisSunshine said:
As someone who used struggle to express my feelings I have to admit that using e in my early 20s did help me open up to people. My experiences have been very positive and I've always found drugs help me explore my emotions and expand my ways of thinking. That said this experimentation has been reasonably controlled, relative to that of my friends and what I perceived to be normal in society. I don't find e makes me sad or makes me cry ... in my experience it can intensify feelings but it cannot manufacture them.

Yup, that sounds like the way it was when I was 18 - 22. Hell this still sounds like some of my friends! I think this is just an age thing. You and your friends are pretty young still and experimenting with drugs and sex and then having love mixed up in that gets pretty damn confusing. Still, if you and your friends are using e every weekend then yes you probably will find emotions run high and everyone seems a bit fucked up.

Open up? Positive emotions? Well yeah, that's what E's supposed to do...during the high. But science shows that it depletes seratonin for weeks post usage. So you likely won't be so positive and open in this time frame....

So when it comes to love, is it real? If your seratonin isn't at "normal" levels due to a natural chemical balance, is the emotion pure? Is it either too strong or too weak? Do you feel the unnatural emotional levels to human response on a comedown and the weeks to follow are a downside to E usage?

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
Open up? Positive emotions? Well yeah, that's what E's supposed to do...during the high. But science shows that it depletes seratonin for weeks post usage. So you likely won't be so positive and open in this time frame....

Frankly, I've not had too much trouble with this ... luck of the physiological draw I guess?

Karim said:
So when it comes to love, is it real? If your seratonin isn't at "normal" levels due to a natural chemical balance, is the emotion pure? Is it either too strong or too weak? Do you feel the unnatural emotional levels to human response on a comedown and the weeks to follow are a downside to E usage?

Purely opinion, but if you're talking about a girl you've met in a club while high, majority of time spent together has been while both of you are high, then no I don't think the relationship is based on anything substantial. Your last question is not clear but if you or your friends are finding your emotions are all over the place, at a detriment to your life, then you need to re-evaluate your drug usage.

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
Karim said:

Everyones heard the term chemical romance before, and I've seen it happen quite often.

discuss.

hmmmmmm....

zoo

TRIBE Member
you know what's hillarious? bacon

i mean omg it's so funny

i could say the word all day and i would get nothing done because i'd be too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day and not doing anything because i was too busy saying the word all day bacon?

zoo

TRIBE Member
you know, thinking about mdma and feelings makes me think about how much cooler i was when i did the drugs

the girls they were a plentiful, and i had no concept of 'relationships', just partying and fun ...

zoo

TRIBE Member
not that i'm not cool now ... my window is fully open and even though there is no breeze, it's no sauna in here, trust.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I think it's funny that you're age group only spans 4 years.

Moreover booze is a much better way of opening up.

At least you end up saying stuff you reall mean.

Randy: "Is that you talking, Mr. Leighy? Or the liquor?"
Leighy: "I am the liquor..."

-jM
A&D