1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

McDonald's Hamburgers Don't Age

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by glych t.anomaly, Aug 30, 2010.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

Things that are made from organic material age and decay, especially when they stop being alive. A piece of home-baked bread, say, left on your kitchen counter, will get moldy relatively fast. Lord knows what some ground beef would smell like after a week. But the artist Sally Davies has been photographing one McDonald's hamburger and fries every day for 137 days. They look basically exactly the same.

http://www.good.is/post/mcdonald-s-hamburgers-don-t-age?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+good/lbvp+(GOOD+Main+RSS+Feed)

Here is Day 1:
    [​IMG]

Here is Day 94:
    [​IMG]

Here is Day 137, which actually looks like things have improved in the 43 days since the picture above:
    [​IMG]

Far be it from me to tell you what to eat, but I am pretty sure your stomach can't break that down any better than the mold and microbes in the air.

egad.

[jai]

2. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

This would apply to virtually any food high enough in sodium, no?

And, does cooked meat decompose? All the bacteria has been killed during cooking.

3. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Looks like someone teefed a couple of 137 day old fries. Yummy

4. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

ew thats nasty. I want mcdonalds for lunch now.

does anyone know what that thing is on facebook that says: see what this girl found in her happy meal, you'll never eat mcdonalds again.
    You have to click like in order to see it, which i refuse to do cause I dont trust those things, does anyone know what it is she found in her happy meal??

5. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

why does the positioning look different in all the photos?

some have fries on top, others don't....seems suspicious.

6. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

Deep fried critter maybe? Either that or a finger. Hmmmm... there seem to be a lot of fingers found in fast food...

7. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

head of a mouse.

Tack One: if you click on the link, at the bottom of the page, you can see the full documentation on it, maybe it explains there.

[jai]

8. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

not really a fair test unless they reveal the parameters of the testing environment - i.e. humidity, sunlight, heat/cold, open air or closed environment.

As to whether a person's stomach can break that shit down quicker - totally it can - our stomach is a warm, wet environment specifically designed to break down food for our consumption, much different and much more efficient than the randomness of the outside world.

9. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

what kind of an asshole orders a hamburger with no ketchup, pickels & onions?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

10. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

+1. Nobody would say boo if you did the same test on some croutons and jerky.

11. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

looks fake

no grease stains on the fry bag!!

12. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

did sally davies ever hear of a documentary called "Supersize Me"? She should get out more, and spend less time with her beloved hamburger and fries. I am guessing that she looks something like this:

[​IMG]

13. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

fuck I could sure go for a quarter pounder right now.

14. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

Did you actually look at the fry bag?

15. Thrill_House

Thrill_House TRIBE Promoter

Where is the damn toy, its a happy meal isnt it?

16. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

"I can tell from the pixels and also from eating quite a few burgers in my time."

17. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

human stomach acids can most def break down matter differently and faster than mold or bacteria...

this experiment is interesting but it should display more parameters

18. ian

ian TRIBE Member

19. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

Fuck.....figures this thread pops up when I just retrieved the "Fall in love with savings" coupons from McDonalds in my mailbox.

Gah!

20. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

I still find it hard to believe that people continue to eat this crap.

21. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

When I was in university I remember they had the buy one egg mcmuffin and get another for free. None of this having to get a hashbrown bullshit.

I'd wake up, slightly hungover, at 10am... light up a smoke, hop in my car, race to McDicks, get 2 sausage n egg mcmuffins, go to Timmies and get an XL double cream go home and scarf my face.

How in the hell did I not gain like 50 lbs in university?

22. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Nagga please, how many of you would entertain the thought of eating that coming home late one night.

*raise hand*

23. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

oh don't worry. you still gained all those fat cells. they are just small cells at the moment. They will increase in size as you get older - and then you'll curse that university habit of yours. and by the way, you can't ever get rid of fat cells - they only grow or shrink. But you can definitely GAIN MORE AND MOAR!

24. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Fuck you I didn't need to know that. ;)

25. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Grimace doesn't age either.