• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mayweather v Pacquiao

Stop Bill C-10

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
he just blacklisted 2 female reporters from the fight, because they've openly spoke out about his liking of beating women up.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
rented this on ppv instead of going to a bar
giphy.gif

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Went to a bar in Leslieville and they were charging $25/person. I showed up right before the fight and people were standing outside watching the screen. So we went to Boston Pizza at Lakeshore and Leslie, same thing except there was a large group of us who stood on the sidewalks and watched the patio TVs with sound. Couldn't order a beer but at least I got to watch the fight for nothing.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
streamed it just fine. Lol $100 to Mayweather's pocket.

I went through like 5-6 different streams that all worked at different points and almost every single one of them were falling apart and buffered and lagged during most of the fight itself.

If you found a stream for the whole fight that was stable, no lag and didnt cut out consider yourself lucky.

Maybe boxing should just realize its 2015 and sell an HD stream at a reasonable price.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
What did people expect? Mayweather's gonna Mayweather. This fight was hyped like it was the SuperBowl on NYE Y2K. People are dumb. I found a stream no problem.

I loathe the spectacle, the PDiddy/Marky Mark sitting there smugly like they are witnessing the birth of a nation. Marky Mark should stick to committing hate crimes.

Floyd hugged Manny more than I hug my wife. He should change his name to Clinchy. Nick Diaz said it best, Floyd can't defend against the double leg.

Boxing is not dead. Most of it is boring. There are volumes of people who think boxing is fighting, who think kicking and grappling are gay.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
There may be other factors, but I know seating capacity goes toward determining the cost. A friend who has a 50-seat spot paid $2300.

There was a bunch of threads on reddit about this topic.

The licensing fees were insane and were determined by the max fire code capacity of each venue. A few bar owners reported that it basically worked out to $30-40 cost per person. Some bar owners charged cover to recoup part of that loss and others just hoped each patron would spend enough to cover the loss. 200 capacity venue bar owners on reddit were reporting $10k-10k costs or something insane like that.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Lawsuit's plenty. Manny checked the wrong box. But at least Mayweather realizes this, and we'll do it all over again next year after Pac Man's surgery, to make another few hundred million.