1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Max Graham...

Discussion in 'Progressive Room' started by Skipper, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

3. Rude1_247

Rude1_247 TRIBE Member

don't think it would have killed him to play it, but I certainly don't think he was obligated to just because someone on a messageboard asked him too.

He does seem a little self-important though.

4. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

It was this comment that drew my attention, not the fact that he didn't play the request:

"hahaha and music taste is not a learned trait, its just that, taste. ahh eastern europe, providing more entertainment for this board than anyone else by far.

mg "

If they had requested some cheesey retro remixes, which Max appears to love so much, would he have so bluntly declined?

5. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

brad's post is awesome. lol

6. alexd

I think Max's head would look great on Easter Island.

7. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

there is a long withstanding max graham board joke behind Max's Eastern Europe entertainment comment...

8. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

I believe Max was referring to another thread on his board from eons ago that has since turned into a bit of a running joke for people who post on the board. It stemmed from a gig in Bulgaria. You have to understand the context - I think the eastern europe comment is meant a joke more than anything.

9. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

I guess what struck me about this particular thread, in combination with all kinds of other entertaining max graham stories floating around out there, is how non-chalant he is about basically telling his fans to go fuck themselves...

After seeing a DJ like Carl Cox on the weekend (and reading several recent interviews since then), who after 30+ years still has the same passion for music and appreciation for fans, it just baffles me how max responds to his fans, like "as if I could be bothered to play a track for you! how hilarious is that!"

10. alexd

11. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Fair enough, but how many DJs out there ever really pay attention to fan requests? They might say things like "Sure! I will definitely play it!" or "I will see what I can do," knowing full well they aren't going to play it.

12. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Yes but you should have heard what Carl Cox's rider was all about. You would have the same passion also if you got all of that.

13. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

If you have such an issue with Max Graham, why not tell max graham?

I'm trying to figure out the point of the thread here

14. Rude1_247

Rude1_247 TRIBE Member

The point, timmy, is that nobody likes your filthy attitude.

15. DINGER

DINGER TRIBE Member

Do tell...i've heard Tiesto looks for cheese and crackers. I can't imagine what a behemouth like Cox would have.

16. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Allright Allright I'll admit, I was out of line with that one

17. SKIB

SKIB TRIBE Member

hmm... he did seem to come off kind of jerkish in that thread... he probably would've been better off not saying anything or as mentioned above "i'll see what i can do" type thing... not very professional in my eyes...

18. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

I happened to sit next to Max Graham today while out having lunch downtown today and I'm pretty sure he was talking about this thread.

19. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

20. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

So...I found it funny and random that he a/ read it and b/ gave a shit to talk about it over lunch with a friend months later.

that's all.
    dick.

21. Dr Funk MD

Dr Funk MD TRIBE Promoter

Maybe he recognised you and was saying 'That's the bitch who started the thread'.

You should have got all up in his face Skip and requested some Trentemoller! :p

22. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

I'm pretty sure that you're wrong.

23. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

I don't think he said or did anything wrong at all...

24. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

*snicker*

25. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

so, you start a thread bitching about max acting all self-important, and then later you bump that same thread to act all self-important yourself.

congratulations.