• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Max Graham, System Soundbar, NYE

redhat30

TRIBE Member
Although, I wasn't there for very long I just wanted to say that the time I spent at system this new years was amazing. I have been going to system for a while, aside from my whole new years mess, it felt more like the most appropriate place to be, and i should have just gone there in the first place. Anyways, for those of you who were there, was the decor fabulous!!! Such a good atmosphere, vibe, everything. And Max Graham. I did miss most of his set, but i know he probably put on agreat show. i saw him last new years at atomic in Ottawa. He's excellent.
Hope you all had fun!!!

bdaddyp

TRIBE Member
Hey, I couldn't make it to system tonight but was there last year for NYE. I've had great times there all year and I just want to wish the whole "Breathe" crowd a Happy New Year!!!

E

"Make yours a Blockbuster night!"

andrew72

TRIBE Member
Max Graham certainly knows how to bring in the new year with a bang. Max played an incredible set and rocked System Soundbar to the early hour of the morning. The man has a gift, no question. Thanks Max we can always count on you for a great night.

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Another great night at System. Max Graham played a wicked diverse set. He played some bangin' progressive house, some breaks, and even some tech house and techno. I've seen him about 4 or 5 times now, but this time he impressed me most with his technical skills. He dropped "Hip Hop Phenomenon", and then scratched it down to bits and pieces. Sounded fucking amazing! Not too many DJs can pull that off. I really loved the fact that the club wasn't rammed. There were a lot of peeps there, but there was space to dance and move. Maximum respect goes out to Mike Greco and Angela for all the drink tickets. I don't think I paid for a single drink.

All I want for 2002 is one thing - Tyrant at Breathe playing for a minimum 6 hours. It will happen.

Happy New Year everybody!

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nesta:
He dropped "Hip Hop Phenomenon", and then scratched it down to bits and pieces. Sounded fucking amazing!
</font>
I honestly would have paid the $45 to just hear that. I've got to see him do it close-up once before (ie: standing right beside him) and it just left me in absolute awe. I couldn't believe how good it all sounded, and how amazing he was with his hands.

Cheers ... Ian

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nesta:
He dropped "Hip Hop Phenomenon", and then scratched it down to bits and pieces. Sounded fucking amazing! Not too many DJs can pull that off. </font>
He dropped 'Hip Hop Phenomenon'??!!!
Argh..... Damn right, I would pay $45 bucks to hear him drop this brilliant track let alone witnessing his scratching skills.
I was too broke at the end of the year to make it there.....

Feck... I've missed out again.

!@#$ @#$% !@#$ @#$%

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
If anyone knows what Metal Morphesis (Lisa) was doing there that night she would love to know

(so anywhere b/w 11-6)
I can fill in before and after that for her... the rest is a bit of a mystery

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
Max's scratching ability has improved immensly since his visit at Life. It wasn't something that sounded speperate, it became essential element, and it sounded damn good. Hip Hop Phenomenon had to be the song of the night, I can't remember much but I think the people around me gave me some room to completly lose it. I didn't see many of the Breathe regulars but the vibe was great, not just lots of smiles but lots of friendly interactions. I'm glad I saved my money and stayed in Toronto for this.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Hahaha .... I was there from about 2:30 until 5:30. I didn't see Lisa once, she was passed out somewhere I think. Hahahaha.

Max played great as always from what I heard.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

andrew72

TRIBE Member
Max mixed it up all night. He reached many different levels throughout the night. Worth every penny! Can't wait till he comes back to TO!

chemi11

TRIBE Member
K folks another NYE at System and i have no regrets(K just one, but later). Had a room at the Hilton so needless to say i didnt need the extra hour of drinking, but i did use it. I was expecting more Breathe-aholics but the regluar crew was nowhere to be seen. Anyways the place was cozzy(not to rammed) and everyone was glowing with excitment. MAX did reach the next level, and he kept taking us higher. Wicked, wicked set, always a pleasure to hear Max's sets. To those who were there; Nesta, thanks man your awsome, Matt always good to see you bouncing around, Mike thanks for the drinks and props for the info on upcoming events i will definatly be there, Lisa, you drunken mess, where the hell did you go, and to rest of the ppl in the place thanks, your all great. K now to the regret-LISA. WTF, last i heard(only cuz i dont remember) we were at the bar with Mike and Ang having some drinks and then like Houdini you disapeared, just like that. Even left you a message at like 7 and no call, are you alive??? If anyone knows where this girl is tell her im looking for her. Highlite of the night(no offence to the system crew) the 5 paper bat we smoked at like 7 in the morning, almost knocked me out.
Peace
Mike

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
I'm alive... but not very well.

Jesus Christ almighty...
i would like to blame mike g and angela for my disappearing act. I think they probably gave me a lot of drinks which led to my passing out in the washroom... for a long time i think. but i really don't know.

i haven't blacked out like that since university.

*hangs head in shame*

and did i mention i have a strange cut on my forehead and large bruise on my leg?

a menace... a complete fucking menace.

i'd comment on max's set... but... well i remember none of it.

was it new year's b/c i don't remember a countdown.

fuck me.

G

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Metal Morphosis:
I'm alive... but not very well.

Jesus Christ almighty...
i would like to blame mike g and angela for my disappearing act. I think they probably gave me a lot of drinks which led to my passing out in the washroom... for a long time i think. but i really don't know.

i haven't blacked out like that since university.

*hangs head in shame*

and did i mention i have a strange cut on my forehead and large bruise on my leg?

a menace... a complete fucking menace.

i'd comment on max's set... but... well i remember none of it.

was it new year's b/c i don't remember a countdown.

fuck me.
</font>

maybe someone slipped you some "G" then had their way with you?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
...i was really close to coming to this party after midnight...sounds like it was a fun time & it would have been nice to hear max spin in such a great venue...how late did the party go??? oh well, theres always next year...

happy new year everyone...

john

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ~dazed~:

maybe someone slipped you some "G" then had their way with you?
</font>
No joke Evan. I seriously think that someone slipped me some G.
Of course having a fair bit of liquour already in my system, the G would have put me over the edge.

i think that i'm lucky i passed out in the washroom, god only knows where else i could have ended up.

xlr

TRIBE Member
The party was off the hook, Max & Evil P rocked da house in the late night hours!!! Props to the Bang guys for a wicked party!!!

BassInMyFace

TRIBE Member
YaYaYa, wicked night. A small 19+ event like that was perfect for NYE. I really liked Max's set, first time seeing him. People were in a good mood, some drunk some not.
It was kinda tight for dancing but wtf it was NYE. I swear I must have bumbped into about 1000 people but no-one cared. I could only keep my balance when I was Dancing?

My favorite was dancing where the cool air was blowing down, dance for 2hrs, no sweat....2hrs more no sweat.....hmmmmm what is going on here?

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by *tranner*:
Max's scratching ability has improved immensly since his visit at Life. </font>
Wow, it takes me a week to find all sorts of errors in my review, one being my comment on his ability. Max cleared this one up for me, it was the setup at System that let him tear shit up with his mad skills, the Life setup was difficult to scratch with.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories