• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mauro Picotto OR Richie Hawtin

Bosse

TRIBE Member
Richie Hawtin is playing in Ottawa on the 31th and I live in Ottawa. But Picotto is playin in Montreal on the 30. What do you think I should do, cant afford to do both.

bambam

TRIBE Member
ritchie hawitn dude...ive noticed mauro picottos propensity to go almost 'trancey' far too many times...specially with a montreal audience..

Skipper

TRIBE Member
For the first time ever, I feel like one of those techno room people that I can't stand ;)

but Mauro Picotto does not fall in the "techno" category. Yes he plays a couple of big hit techno tunes but just because he goes bang bang bang doesn't mean he's a techno DJ.

Sorry for that little ramble, but the guy gets under my skin...big time overrated IMO

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bambam

TRIBE Member
and here i was trying to be subtle...oh well *chucks subtlety cap, hefts bang them on the head with the truth cleaver*

and now im just being stupid.

Nesta

TRIBE Member
bosse, what do you feel like hearing? that should be your first question.

btw, i love tech trance. :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

~atp~

TRIBE Member
i love it.

Every time I poke my head into this room, there's always a thread in the top 5 that's full of great techno-drama. Don't ever change Tribe! :D

Bosse, don't worry bout little Dougie, he's just a punk kid. ;)

(HAHA, Doug did you end up checking out rise against? ...I couldn't go because I'm down in Austin Texas....)

Nub!

TRIBE Member
I'm in the same situation... head to london to visit friends and see Picotto, or stick around in kw and make the trip to Toronto (sans cute friend).

Access

TRIBE Member
I'd Go to Montreal to see Picotto

Both Djs are always worth checking out, but you'll have more fun in Montreal than Ottawa

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

exergo

TRIBE Member
the last few ottawa shows have been nutz....

hawtin will play better music...picotto will be uber hard and intense..

i'd stay in ottawa for the platikman :)