• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Matthew Dear robbed DURING set

kaniz

TRIBE Member
yeah, I was thinking that to.

vinyl:1
laptop:0

Umm, like a record bag has never been stolen before.

gl*tch

TRIBE Member
ya i concede that one. except dear isn't really hipster? unless there's some kind of NYC techno sub-breed thereof.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
ya there's some funny shit in the comments!

"in 2008 are people really still playing the "DJs aren't musicians" card? jesus. you people belong in a wax museum"

in response to:

"What's the point of having a laptop? If all he does is press play, why not simply put on a CD?" / "If playing other people's shit kept him from singing, the thief has fucked over all of us, him/herself included."

and this one was good too:

"doesn't anybody have something homophobic or racist to add to this brilliant display of comments?"

praktik

TRIBE Member
RobotHouse said:
it was actually a group of girls who nabbed it

had some friends who were there in NY when it happened

They weren't by any chance wearing pink were they? If so it could be that Dear was the latest victim of the infamous lesbian gangs running rampant across america:

A "national underground network" of pink pistol-packing lesbians is terrorizing America. "All across the country," they are raping young girls, attacking heterosexual males at random, and forcibly indoctrinating children as young as 10 into the homosexual lifestyle, according to a shocking June 21 segment on the popular Fox News Channel program, "The O'Reilly Factor."​

Add stealing equipment at live performances to their list of evil deeds!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
praktik said:
They weren't by any chance wearing pink were they? If so it could be that Dear was the latest victim of the infamous lesbian gangs running rampant across america:

A "national underground network" of pink pistol-packing lesbians is terrorizing America. "All across the country," they are raping young girls, attacking heterosexual males at random, and forcibly indoctrinating children as young as 10 into the homosexual lifestyle, according to a shocking June 21 segment on the popular Fox News Channel program, "The O'Reilly Factor."​

lol, wtf? Lesbian gangs?

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
praktik said:

It would almost make sense at a Matthew Dear and Hot Chip show .. except for the fact that girls usually reach for MD's other hard drive ;) ;)

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
sooooo is he gonna play RECORDS at CiRCA tomorrow???
;)

....and what's the deal in that thread about DHL owning Ghostly International...?

possibledj

TRIBE Promoter
I keep laughing about this for some reason! Can you imagine the look on his face when he looks down and sees his hard drive is missing! hahaha

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
Anyone remember hearing something about the Basic Channel/Chain Reaction camp having to scold someone for attempting to steal their record/dubplates at their first show for Mettle in Toronto??

Wasn't there, but heard from a very reliable (sober) source at the time.

Who here has had records/laptops stolen from them during a party?
(cue Dtox bitchin bout his stolen Metro Area LP and someone stealing his dirty funker Nirvana bootleg at my last houseparty)

:D

Aleks

TRIBE Member
^this reminds me of the scene in It's All Gone..

sticking you up fo yo rekkids.

can't believe people do this.

Taro

TRIBE Member
Destro Sanchez said:
Anyone remember hearing something about the Basic Channel/Chain Reaction camp having to scold someone for attempting to steal their record/dubplates at their first show for Mettle in Toronto??

(cue Dtox bitchin bout his stolen Metro Area LP and someone stealing his dirty funker Nirvana bootleg at my last houseparty)

unfortunately I've had some really rare whites slip out of my bag - I"m still pissed about it...(one in particular that I'm really mad about). that's life...

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Dear most likely has a backup, but now a whole bunch of unreleased material / custom edits / etc are probably floating around now.

casual

TRIBE Promoter
was this the vainqueur and substance show at the wea've? I didn't go either, but I didn't think they dj'd, if its this show, could be wrong, however at least one of them defintely played live.

Funny enough, I had a conversation about this show last night and how vaniqueur and substance's sampler (emu 6400) completely bugged out and was just spitting out didital garble (which wasn't on purpose), all they could do was run it through an efx machine.

However my source, although very reliable, was far from sober

Destro Sanchez said:

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Who here has left their record bag in a cab on the way home?

Who here has left their record bag at the club?

Who here has left their record bag in the cab and then phoned all the cab companies and all of their friends to see if they had them only to find that selfsame record bag beside their shoes in the hallway?

I've only done one of these ... and to my knowledge have never had anything stolen from me.