• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Mat The Alien LIVE AT MAKE IT FUNKY FEB18 2006-Part 1 Incredible music of all Genres!

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
With the return of Mat the Alien coming up we are releasing what is one of the most amazing live sets I have ever witnessed. Having just toured with Mixmaster Mike you know Mat has Alien like skills behind the decks seamlessly mixing and scratching tracks from the 1950's into todays beats. Here you will find original funk, soul, reggae, breaks, house, hip hop, calypso, latin, ska,and just about anything else you could imagine.

No tracklisting but just from browsing the set here is what I recognize

Jurassic 5, Ray charles(original),70's deep funk, shining star, dynomite,scratch routine, beastie boys instrumentals, Its the Joint!, block party hip hop, ronnie c, Ali B vs jungle brothers,a sick toots and the maytals remix,rock steady-aretha franklin, dj kool riff, cramp your style instrumental,Blondie vs Jim morrison riders on the storm, reggae,latin,slyde remix, backstroke, rollerskate jam-de la soul, HANG ON SLOOPY(ORIGINAL),chemical brothers,busta rhymes, honky tonk women-rolling stones, young mc,booogie shoes,FLUTE TRAK!, Chain gang-sam cooke remix, calypso,all right now-wicked lester remix,Fk1000-buttons to buttons white stripes,jungle brothers, papa was a rolling stone-the rub remix, Sean paul-temperature,pop ya cork-stantons. Theres tons more.

enjoy!

http://www.axifile.com/?4202026

SunpredictablE

TRIBE Member
oozing with flabulous funk tracks...phat phat phat...ya gotta have this one. Easily one of the most inspirational sets I have ever seen first hand...definitely one of Canada's finest Deejays to say the least!!! Can't wait to see him at the MIF show on the 24th. peas

TRO

TRIBE Member
wow...

applase riddim with poppa was a rolling stone

is that another mash-up...cus theres a few on here

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
^ that's one's definitely some mashup someone made - i've heard it on another mixtape before.

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
Itll come Itll come all in good time Mat is one of my favorite djs and a great person. Had the pleasure of spending the weekend with him last time he was in. He had just come from playing at the olympics in italy. Dude really knows his tunes. I feel Im pretty diverse in my spectrum of funk and what I listen to but mat took me to school.

He is one of those djs that make djs feel like they need to learn to dj all over again.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
imho, Mat is the best DJ in Canada - bar none. There may be more technical scratchers, there may be more prolific mixers, but no one i've seen or heard has the complete package from all-around abilities, skills, deep crates, and general party-rocking styles than Mat...

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
I totally agree he is one of the best djs Ive ever seen live(and this is the set I saw him play!) Can anyone host it on a faster server?

melody

TRIBE Member
someone needs to host this on a faster server!!!! I got it but it took forever and people need to hear it!

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
Thanks for hosting it soo. Its superfast now for anyone who wants it and that should be everyone cause whoa this is sick!