• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mastering

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
I've sent a few friends over to minus3audio.com for mastering services and they've all been extremely happy with the results.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
I've sent a few friends over to minus3audio.com for mastering services and they've all been extremely happy with the results.
Thanks for the link

I couldn't find a list of his gear on the site, but i did find some helpful tips on how to prepare the audio mixdown for him. so that's a good start - i might inquire about rates.

I know that Joao Carvalho's Studio has the right stuff (Manley Massive Passive, etc) though, but i'm sure that will run a bit more $

Last edited:

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
before i forget, my last question is - is the audio watermarking / digital copyright / whatever its called encoded into an audio track at the mastering stage? or is this done before or after mastering??

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
hmm. cool link. I think i have enough grasp of the situation to ask someone in person without sounding like tard.

still having trouble with this though:

zoo

TRIBE Member
it's a (fast) fourier transform. i actually enjoyed slaving over this subject in 2nd / 3rd year calc/math and signals/systems :)

you don't need to understand the math to do watermarking, i'm sure there's a tool somewhere. just read some overview (like this one maybe) if you want to know a bit more about the math/physics behind audio signal sampling and frequency analysis.

The Fourier Transform