• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mastering Recommendation

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
The Sony Oxford stuff is defn superior to the Waves stuff and pretty much any analog EQ Compressor. Its now available for the TC Power Core and Protools systems. Not sure if it is available for the LE Tools stuff.

The Electrician

TRIBE Promoter
Just dont compress and Limit the master... let the vinyl masterer's do it up right....

it's can damage the wav when you send it in to the... and doesnt give them a lot to play with...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

-blake-

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Electrician
Just dont compress and Limit the master... let the vinyl masterer's do it up right....

Uh oh.
I always put a limiter on my master channel in Cubase, are you saying you shouldn't...or only if you're stuff is getting put on vinyl and a pro masterer will do it?
I put the limiter on cuz it makes it sound a lot better obviously, but I'm still only sending my tunes off to labels so I have to do the 'mastering' and eq work myself. Any suggestions what I should do differently?

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by -blake-
Uh oh.
I always put a limiter on my master channel in Cubase, are you saying you shouldn't...or only if you're stuff is getting put on vinyl and a pro masterer will do it?
I put the limiter on cuz it makes it sound a lot better obviously, but I'm still only sending my tunes off to labels so I have to do the 'mastering' and eq work myself. Any suggestions what I should do differently?

Sound design is one aspect and a limiter can help get that sound. With out the regular agurments about monitors this is why some ppl don't know they are distorting their songs when they use a limiter. Sometimes that is a desired effect. If you desired output is vinyl there are so many limitations that its best not to supper comp your music, vinyl just cant take it the same way a digital source can. But that said use a limiter on your final stage only to no got over 0db and watch your levels.

ludikris

TRIBE Member
waves over t-racks for sure.. but I also recommend psp vintage warmer.

I master for a small fee as well.