• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Massive Wave Riders

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

depraved

TRIBE Member
It may be Laird Hamilton. If you like that, I highly recommend trying to find the movie "Tow". Some of the craziest mammoth wave tow-in surfing ever filmed.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

philly

TRIBE Member
depraved said:
It may be Laird Hamilton. If you like that, I highly recommend trying to find the movie "Tow". Some of the craziest mammoth wave tow-in surfing ever filmed.
i don't think it's him, but he did start the whole tow in craze. but the spot looks like jaws or even waimea on a big day.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
philly said:
i don't think it's him, but he did start the whole tow in craze. but the spot looks like jaws or even waimea on a big day.

I saw some doc on big wave surfing and these guys would grab these big rocks underwater and run on the ocean floor to train for being held down by the waves... Crazy shit.. Just watched that vid and got pins and needles... That wave was massive..

Last edited:

philly

TRIBE Member
cosmosuave said:
I saw some doc on big wave surfing and these guys would grab these big rocks underwater and run on the ocean floor to train for being held down by the waves... Crazy shit.. Just watched that vid and got pins and needles... That wave was massive..
laird is a crazy waterman. he can do anything in the water. i think he started off with windersurfing and branched out to everything else. i've seen this video of him riding this hydrofoil thing where he's sitting on it but still pulling of flips and shit.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Phat Trick

TRIBE Promoter
philly said:
laird is a crazy waterman. he can do anything in the water. i think he started off with windersurfing and branched out to everything else. i've seen this video of him riding this hydrofoil thing where he's sitting on it but still pulling of flips and shit.

I think that may have been from the documentary: Riding Giants
That Doc was awesome, although I don't think I'll ever be a big wave surfer.