• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Marmite is evil

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
"Marmite can be stored at room temperature and won't decompose, even after years."

rentboy

TRIBE Member
It's awesome lightly spread on Cobb's whole wheat (toasted) with a few over easy eggs and tea. It's a staple for me now. Post party it really hits the mark.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
One of the guys I was billeting with during my high school rugby tour in Scotland in '98 had me try vegemite or marmite, can't remember which one.

Barely made it through a bite. The taste still haunts me to this day.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alison87

TRIBE Member
Oddly i am having a really hard time finding marmite in Germany. There are actually three kinds - English marmite (salty and runny), New Zealand marmite (kinda thick and sweet) and Vegemite (even sweeter). One of the greatest sandwiches in the world is marmite, salt'n'vinegar chips and cheddar on bread. It is also great on toast with peanut butter, probably the only time in my life i ever eat toast.

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
marmite is amazing, tastes like gravy, but the best part is its vegetarian

if anyone is ever in OZ try promite, its loaded with sugar and is delicious, where do you buy marmite in TO?

derek

TRIBE Member
my wife love that crap. taste horrid. she like vegemite too and doesn't come from that land down under

alison87

TRIBE Member
if anyone is ever in OZ try promite, its loaded with sugar and is delicious, where do you buy marmite in TO?
In Canada you can find Marmite at any grocery store, except instead of being next to the peanut butter, jam etc like it is in normal countries, it's next to the stock, gravy, soup mixes etc. I think they confused it for Bovril.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
In Canada you can find Marmite at any grocery store, except instead of being next to the peanut butter, jam etc like it is in normal countries, it's next to the stock, gravy, soup mixes etc. I think they confused it for Bovril.

Marmite is like opposite-land nutella.

Marmite is for varmites.