1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Marky @ oRANGE rOOM

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by fuzzy, Aug 29, 2003.

1. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

As we first found out that it was in the Orange Room and not the Drink we were disapointed but having come from Hamilton we were set to party.
    The first 2 hours or so served as a social but when Marky came on it was time to Brock out!
    I have to say this was the first DnB party that I truely enjoyed myself at this season.
    The MC's did not spue out verbal diarrhoea like all the other parties I have been to lately and the Mic level was set right, so that they did not over power the music.

Richard

2. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

Marky killed it last night. the scratch routine that he did at 2am made everybody lose it. his set had mad flow since and his tunes were dirty. marky is quite the showman, he reminds me of donald glaude, but better.

bam bam, bad boy bill, and josh the funky 1 all got skill, but marky would crush them all, imo.

peace

3. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

That was such a good time. Glad i went out. Thanks to rob doublecross for getting me moving on that one. Good thing we got into the drink for free before we figured out "hey, that doesn't sound much like drum n bass"... would have been shitty to pay double cover for a stupid mistake, but no harm done. Once I got inside the orange room I danced up a storm and didn't really let up until a quarter to three or so, which is when i packed it in. Quite enjoyed the singin mc stamina. He sang no diggity at one point, which was good for a chuckle. Long time since I've been to the orange room, and it wasn't nearly as packed as it was the last time marky was in town. Just as well... there was plenty of room to move around and dance all night.

Cheers. -D

4. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

I had fun last night..
    got there around 12:30 and XRS was on.. he played a few tunes that i was feelin' and i think i enjoyed his set (my head is kinda foggy)..
    unfortunately, I only got to hear a little bit of marky, but he was decent for what i experienced.

not the best night out ever, but a good night out indeed

5. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

weirdest thing ever last night.. there was a lady bouncer that i had never seen before in the search area.. she made me use my asthma inhaler.. i have never had a security guard ask me that before.

6. originalVIBE

originalVIBE TRIBE Promoter

she also gave me a very thoural search - like no joke - she went right in there twice!!!! most action i had all night!

7. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

Ah your Duncan

I did not make the conection last night
    Nice to have met you

Richard

8. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

Yeah that chick gave me a handjob on the way in too... I felt like I was supposed to tip her or something after she finished the search. Nice to start the night with a little rub n tug.

-D

(ps - oh so YOU'RE fuzzy. good to make the connection also, richard.)