• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

markham brunch recommendations?

vox

TRIBE Member
for whitey style brunch? (ie. not dim sum or anything).

does anyone know of any good, solid breakfast places in markham?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Used to go to "Markham Station" on highway 48 and Finch area....

Little south of Markham, but not too far.

Good whitey churchey crowd on Sundays, pretty cheap, busy though.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
dude, did you ever go to sunrise back in your cachet days? it's a greasy spoon on woodbine north of victoria square.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
pickel barrel in a pinch gets the job done

there's a cora's at 400/7 if you have a car and want to wade through post-palazzo gottians on a sunday morning

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Mephisto said:
dude, did you ever go to sunrise back in your cachet days? it's a greasy spoon on woodbine north of victoria square.

ha...I used to go there after raves with my markham buddies.....

forgot about that place!

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
brunch? that's an easy one... THE DUCHESS.
HEHE

Bluestone Bistro (hwy 7 across from Union Villa) is pretty good... it might cater to your brunching needs.

dotytron

TRIBE Member
The Tesseract said:
brunch? that's an easy one... THE DUCHESS.
HEHE

Bluestone Bistro (hwy 7 across from Union Villa) is pretty good... it might cater to your brunching needs.

the duchy does a brunch? is it any good? i'm fairly skepical.

also, bluestone's dinner wasn't so shit hot when i tried it. mind you, that's probably 10 years ago now. haha.....is their brunch proper?

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
are you looking for a nice brunch place? I grew up In Unionville, there are som e really nice places there. Actually you should check out the Arms...they've got a really good brunch.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
dotytron said:

also, bluestone's dinner wasn't so shit hot when i tried it. mind you, that's probably 10 years ago now. haha.....is their brunch proper?
You should check out blue stone. they renovated its BEAUTIFUL

vox

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
are you looking for a nice brunch place? I grew up In Unionville, there are som e really nice places there. Actually you should check out the Arms...they've got a really good brunch.

tell me more!

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
the unionville arms...its a pub on unionville main street. they've got GREAT food...its really good for sunday brunch...not as 'dirty' looking as most pubs.

If you want better ambiance i can't remember the exact name but you can't miss it, its just past fred varley if you're travelling southish...on the east side there's a big mill attached to the building and a big pond in front.

Tins

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
the unionville arms...its a pub on unionville main street. they've got GREAT food...its really good for sunday brunch...not as 'dirty' looking as most pubs.

If you want better ambiance i can't remember the exact name but you can't miss it, its just past fred varley if you're travelling southish...on the east side there's a big mill attached to the building and a big pond in front.

I think what you are referring to is called 'Livingwater'??

I have been to the Arms for lunches but never for breakfast. I will have to give it a try.

kmac

TRIBE Member
For sure. It's lonely up here.

I LOVE The Arms, although I don't think I've ever gone for brunch.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
T&T Bakery ?? It is right on markham main st. just north of 7 (east side), south of the royal bank. Friendly place, good food.

Jay

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
dotytron said:

skeptical... i certainly hope so. the duchy is a complete shit hole.

Living Water is friggen terrible!!!

Toogood Cafe is real good for Coffee-heavy Brunches. It was better when my dad's friend ran the place, but that's beside the point really.

The Arms is pretty good. Dave and Mike (i think that's their names) have been running that place for a long time and know what they're doing. They're clientele is very loyal to say the least.
A few of the waitresses are pretty hot too!

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
dotytron said:

skeptical... i certainly hope so. the duchy is a complete shit hole.

Living Water is friggen terrible!!!

Toogood Cafe is real good for Coffee-heavy Brunches. It was better when my dad's friend ran the place, but that's beside the point really.

The Arms is pretty good. Dave and Mike (i think that's their names) have been running that place for a long time and know what they're doing. They're clientele is very loyal to say the least.
A few of the waitresses are pretty hot too!

I go rarely to the arms cause it reminds me of how much I hate living here... but that's mainly because I know EVERYONE there [from high school]