• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mark Scaife at Breathe

G

Wicked night. Ups to my adopted party crew, Chrissi, Ricky, Emma, Caroline, Rachel, KIM and Ash.

I thought Mark's mix was an 8/10. There was a section between maybe 2-5am when the beats were deep, dark and dirty (just the way I like them!) but he lost me a bit at beginning and end. But I think Mark is going to go big big places.

And Mark if you're reading, did you throw in an FSOL sample? I was sure I heard it.

~Josh

Robb G

TRIBE Promoter
I was going to go on Friday.....but then I heard that it was Mark all night with no Deko-ze. So I saved my $ and energy and stayed in.

ONLY 1 MORE WEEK UNTIL WE GET DEKO-ZE AT A CLUBNIGHT ON A FRIDAY AGAIN.

Later

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
well I agree he Scaife is talented at what he does...dont get me wrong

But am I the only person who finds his style extremely boring?

I dunno...

markscaife

TRIBE Member
Hay Josh,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure what you mean by the FSOL sample. When did I play it? Is it a vocal thing or sweep?

Regards

Mark

Skip

TRIBE Member
Boring! That's right. Well, okay, it was a nice mix and some really groovy tunes, but is it just me or was there a serious lack of banging going on. Seemed like the music built up to a certain point and left me hanging, waiting for the REAL kick.

Oh well, maybe next time, when Deko-Ze's playing.

G

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markscaife:
Hay Josh,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure what you mean by the FSOL sample. When did I play it? Is it a vocal thing or sweep?

Regards

Mark
</font>
Future Sound of London - I'm not sure what the track is called, but I could have sworn I heard a minute or so sampled off their album Lifeforms. If it wasn't them, it was something else I recognized, because it basically sent me into a frenzy

Missed Breathe last night to accompany friends to Dmitri at the Warehouse. That was simply the worst party I have *ever* attended.

~Josh

G

Hey Mark, I know that requests on boards are kinda lame-o, but I've been meaning to ask this for a while now...

This friday, could you please spin the Underworld track 'bliss'? The remix by Mystica is my sweet heaven.

Oh yeah. I'd be indebted to you forever, or at least while I'm Breathing.

~Josh

markscaife

TRIBE Member
Hay Josh,

I don’t mind requests as long as they’re not for cheese, and yours is definitely not cheese. I’ll be in Montreal this Friday so I can’t play it then, if your out Saturday I’ll be at Element Bar. If not I’ll try to remember to keep it in the back of the back for the next time we meet.

See ya soon
Ms.