• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mark Farina.

Stop Bill C-10

circle

TRIBE Member
Ha! That "water" deal really was interesting... Forget System though, what venue do you guys think would be perfect for Mark to rock it out on?

I say boa. That would be stupid crazy!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Boa...... then kool haus

although i will not get my hopes up....

the waterpark fiasco @ system wasn't that bad because all the heads already had their dry spots to dance and were already getting on ta giv'er

if he were ever to play @ Boa, i'd hope they would book him for more then 6 hours.......

*nudge nudge*

he's not on tour right now....

anybody got any good sets of his as of late?

'G

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
Although I've never been to Boa I can imagine that the patented Farina rolling base lines would rock the house :)

sam

TRIBE Member
The optimum venue for Farina would be a afterhours warehouse type place, IMO. I would love to see him at 99 Sudbury....that would be a tight jam.

-sam

dstarr

TRIBE Member
I'm not really dying to see Farina but it would be nice to see him rip a warehousey type party OR see him bang it out at a place like Kool Haus.

some of the stuff I've heard of his recently has been hit or miss. One of the sets I have enjoyed is the one he did for maximum rotation.

http://www.maximumrotation.com/

I can't remember where I got it from though... it might still be on the site.

... but I'd like to Iz & Diz around here.. diz was here recently and it was awesome.

s1k

TRIBE Member
I say we start a Farina and Carter at Boa movement....WE CAN DO IT! I swear i would give up a month partying to see either one of them at BOA, anyone have the email of the promoters or owners or anyone? if everyone starts emailin requesting Farian or Carter (or both, (mini orgasm)) their bound to respond to the demand, no? any one have a feasible approach to this?

physix

TRIBE Member
friday feb 13th

mark farina and derrick carter will be RECORDING LIVE @ mezzanine in san fran, 444 jessis st

and will be releasing this recording on a double disc cd released by OM in june of this year!

hopefully it won't be uber-deep bullshit... i'm not a fan of
OM, so there's no telling what kind of limitations will
result b-c of their involvement.

AshG

Originally posted by physix
friday feb 13th

mark farina and derrick carter will be RECORDING LIVE @ mezzanine in san fran, 444 jessis st

and will be releasing this recording on a double disc cd released by OM in june of this year!

hopefully it won't be uber-deep bullshit... i'm not a fan of
OM, so there's no telling what kind of limitations will
result b-c of their involvement.

yeah well farina played a kickass set a couple years back at system, along with the om tour.
deep as hell in places, it was an awesome set.

but with dc, it'll jack fo sho.
that is, if he plays.
supposedly he injured his shoulder or something.

s1k

TRIBE Member
Farina's new stuff is anything but deep, same with carter....their representing the true side of chicago....(if by deep you mean deep deep new yorks style deep)

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
well it looks like i'm booking a trip to montreal in May :^)

and i missed fred everything last time he was in town

:D

dstarr

TRIBE Member
DC is pretty expensive.. easily a few grand so he wouldn't really be an easy party to pull off.

A friend of mine is talking about bringing DC in the spring but it's just in the pre-planning stage right now.

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dstarr
DC is pretty expensive.. easily a few grand so he wouldn't really be an easy party to pull off.

A friend of mine is talking about bringing DC in the spring but it's just in the pre-planning stage right now.

True, he's probably damn expensive, but the profit you'd make would be pretty good on the wallet...

$30/each person x 1500 (assuming the venue is packed) = $45,000

Even if DC did cost half of that, you'd still make large cash. I think the going rate for Farina is somewhere in the neighbourhood of $7,500 u.s.