• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mardi Gras Beads

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Okay I'm trying to understand the whole mardi gras beaded neckless thing. Whats the culture and tradition past and present on this kind of thing.

They've handed out the neclesses at work and for some reason all I can think of is girls flashing there boobs and that I should be over at the office cuties desk as I type this.

kmac

TRIBE Member
I'm not sure the history behind it, but there was a great (and somewhat sad and pathetic) article in The Globe this weekend about how Mardi Gras is a much larger than usual sausage fest this year. The men they interviewed were quite sad, and guesstimated ratios to be around 20:1. They even said men were on balconies throwing beads to other men and the women who work in bars are making huge tips but are being accosted on the street.

*flashes thread*

acheron

TRIBE Member
I was watching Anderson Cooper 360 last night ... mentioned that the beads are a symbol of togetherness and family and they only 'count' if they pass from hand to hand, so if a person tosses a necklace to you, you keep it if you catch it, but if it hits the ground, you just leave it there because the connection wasn't made. It's part of the carnival spirit that starts after 12th night (January 6th) and culminates with Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday, the beginning of Lent. "Crews" throw parades every night for like, two weeks leading up to tonight. The colours of Mardi Gras are Purple, Gold and Green. It's been going on in New Orleans since the 1600's.

It's not just about the titties- no form of sacrifice is actually required - that's some kind of frat boy game started recently - families and children take part in watching the parades and everyone gets beads.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
mmmm candy necklaces that are being thrown around, landing on the vomit covered ground, worn around your neck and then eaten. yummy

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Caz

TRIBE Member
was there a few years ago, fucking trainwreck of a party.

Unless you like 52 guys to every girl, half of them with thier cock out, the other half being tackled by overzealous police. From the girls that were there, most of them looked like they came straight off the set of "Rosanne"

WEAK

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
caz said:
was there a few years ago, fucking trainwreck of a party.

Unless you like 52 guys to every girl, half of them with thier cock out, the other half being tackled by overzealous police. From the girls that were there, most of them looked like they came straight off the set of "Rosanne"

WEAK
that sounds like every wednesday at 5ive -- i can't wait, im going again this week!

weeooooOOooo!

Caz

TRIBE Member
LOL

no it really was bad, that whole town is a waste of space. Someone should just flood the whol.....shit

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
caz said:
LOL

no it really was bad, that whole town is a waste of space. Someone should just flood the whol.....shit

IN YOUR FACE man versus nature conflict architype!

technics1200