• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

March Madness 2013

futronic

TRIBE Member
Brackets will be announced on Sunday. Who's in for the annual Tribe March Madness Fantasy League on CBS Sports?

Group website

Group name: tribe
Group password: tbk

Anyone who has been in the pool in previous years simply have to log in to make their picks.

If new people are having problems jumping in the pool, PM me with your email address and I'll send you an invitation.

Can't believe this is the 11th year of the Tribe fantasy pool! Dave is the defending champion and has won three times.

-- Jay aka Fut

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I may join finally even though I don't know much about college ball I have that whole week off so doing a bracket will be fun when I can watch most of the games

futronic

TRIBE Member
Nice one, Dave! And SM, you're still on the players list, so you just need to log in and choose your bracket.

-- Jay aka Fut

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
This year I'm not going to boast about how you're all going to eat my dust. I've barely watched any college ball this year due to my silly hours at work, but I have the first two days of the tourney off. Get the fuck in!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

futronic

TRIBE Member
No, the bracket deadline is Thursday at Noon EDT. Play-in games don't count for the standings.

I highly recommend people get their brackets in well before the deadline, as the site always slows down the closer it gets to noon.

PS: Did I mention that noon tomorrow is the deadline? Get your picks in, people!

-- Jay aka Fut

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Oh it gave me the option to enter 3 of them previously. I only entered one and now it is not giving me the option to enter 2 more. So do we only get 1?

Sorry for the dumb q's :p

futronic

TRIBE Member
We get one in our league. You can submit more to the overall contest.

BTW, brackets lock at 11am EST, not noon like I said before.

-- Jay aka Fut

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Harvard? My bracket is busted already. I had New Mexico going to the Elite Eight.
I didn't pick them, but after seeing them play Harvard are a serious team from a traditionally not-so-serious conference. They're quick, agile, shoot the ball well inside and out and they will give Zona hard time methinks.

I didn't get to watch much ball today as the result of having come off a nightshift and sleeping 10 hours after getting home, but I should be all geared up for tomorrow! :)

Nice to see Jay and I tied for first - even if it's still early. My gf has even filled out a bracket (not for Tribe) and she's not into ball. She just likes to have bragging rights and enjoys the mathy part of sports like the stats. She is a math teacher after all!

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
got the week off I'm going to watch games until my eyes pop out...plus grantland live talking sports on side yesterday was awesome they would cut away to watch close games then come back and talk ball 4 doods on a couch bill Simmons jalen Rose joe house and rembert brant hilarious

futronic

TRIBE Member
I didn't pick them, but after seeing them play Harvard are a serious team from a traditionally not-so-serious conference. They're quick, agile, shoot the ball well inside and out and they will give Zona hard time methinks.

I didn't get to watch much ball today as the result of having come off a nightshift and sleeping 10 hours after getting home, but I should be all geared up for tomorrow! :)

Nice to see Jay and I tied for first - even if it's still early. My gf has even filled out a bracket (not for Tribe) and she's not into ball. She just likes to have bragging rights and enjoys the mathy part of sports like the stats. She is a math teacher after all!
Yup, it's still early. Remember that points in the later rounds count for more, and so you could really suck in the first round, yet storm back to victory by the end. For those that haven't checked the scoring, here's how it works for each correct pick:

Round 1 - 1 points + seed bonus
Round 2 - 2 points + seed bonus
Round 3 - 4 points + seed bonus
Round 4 - 8 points + seed bonus
Round 5 - 16 points + seed bonus
Round 6 - 32 points + seed bonus

For example, in the round of 32, if you correctly pick an 8 seed to win, you get 10 points - 2 for the pick, plus 8 for the seed bonus.

-- Jay aka Fut

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
sick thanks for that! this is fun I don't know why I ever stopped this next year I'm gunna do it up right this year all blind fluke picks

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I am watching this Florida and Northwestern State game and I am loving NWS' style. Full court press every possession!

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Only 1 wrong in my sweet 16 in the sports net bracket. Gonzaga.

Mich st. Kansas, Miami and Ohio moving on.
I have Miami Florida to beat Ohio St.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders