• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

March Madness 2004

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
While the tourney doesn't begin for another week, conference playoffs are happening.

And the number 1 team, St Joseph's is getting creamed by Xavier.

So much for an undefeated team this year.

Lots of good basketball action this weekend setting the stage for Thrusday's games.

Pool time.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Zorro

TRIBE Member
So Pumped for this.

However I am a big Iowa Hawkeyes fan and well alhtough they tend to make it to the 64 and the odd 16 once every 5 years they never really win anything at all. *sigh*.

St Joe's isn't going to win it though I'll even wager a early upset.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
I'm looking forward to it. Only a hop, skip and a jump away.

I've got some money on Washington tonight to pulverize UCLA. I'm hoping the bruins dont wake up and have a hard time finding the net.

Washington is going to be busy from the outside. I'm pretty sure the game is on at 9.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Pool time indeed. For the 19th straight year, I select Duke to win it all (I've won 5 pools with that pick!).

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
Go Wildcats

I can't wait.

I haven't made my picks for my pool yet but I'm picking my Wildcats to go far!

kentucky.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JMan

TRIBE Member
Re: Go Wildcats

Originally posted by Sugar D
I can't wait.

I haven't made my picks for my pool yet but I'm picking my Wildcats to go far!

kentucky.jpg

Was it '91? I believe so... Grant Hill from the bassline, 2.3 seconds. Laettner catches, fakes & dribbles. The turn, and...... swisssssssshhhhhh.

Sorry to rub in the salt, but that was one of the defining moments in college hoops!

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Go Wildcats

Originally posted by JMan
Was it '91? I believe so... Grant Hill from the bassline, 2.3 seconds. Laettner catches, fakes & dribbles. The turn, and...... swisssssssshhhhhh.

Sorry to rub in the salt, but that was one of the defining moments in college hoops!

:mad: it was 92 and I remember being so happy one minute and then in disbelief when Laettner actually made that shot.

93 was a tough year as well when UK lost a close game to Michigan in the semis.

Kentucky & Duke are very comparable this year. Both look good going into the Tournament.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
nice. won a couple bucks last night with that win over the bruins.

duke is playing virginia right now and duke is up 11-10 with 15 mins left in the 1st half.

I put some big coin on wisconsin for the game later.

and don't be shocked if LSU upsets south carolina.

only 6 more days folks. :)

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Pool time indeed. For the 19th straight year, I select Duke to win it all (I've won 5 pools with that pick!).

I fukin love college basketball.... been a huge fan of the Dukes since I was a wee little thing, heading down to Carolina with the family for March break madness!

GO DUKE BLUEDEVILS!!!!! :D

~Lori

JMan

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Go Wildcats

Originally posted by Sugar D
:mad: it was 92 and I remember being so happy one minute and then in disbelief when Laettner actually made that shot.

93 was a tough year as well when UK lost a close game to Michigan in the semis.

Kentucky & Duke are very comparable this year. Both look good going into the Tournament.

Hehe, that's right, it was Laettner to end UConn's dreams in '91... I remember it so well also. My buddy, a Syracuse fan, was over and he was so eager to see the Devils lose. He was in my face after that bullshit bank shot went in, yelling "I got ya, how does it feel sucka, blah blah blah"... When Laettner hit that shot, I jumped so high that I smashed my fists on the ceiling.

Ah the memories. If you ever want to watch the game again, I've got the tape at my place :p

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Wildcats

Ah the memories. If you ever want to watch the game again, I've got the tape at my place :p

ha ha no need to relive the past.. it's all about now and I like Kentucky's chances.

P.S. Duke lost to Maryland yesterday.

laughing-smiley-004.gif

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Kentucky looked good yesterday. But so did Stanford on Sat. Why Duke is a #1 is beyond me. Same with St Josephs. If you don't win your conference, you don't deserve a number 1 seeding.

ps Duke sucks.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
Kentucky looked good yesterday. But so did Stanford on Sat. Why Duke is a #1 is beyond me. Same with St Josephs. If you don't win your conference, you don't deserve a number 1 seeding.

ps Duke sucks.

Best program to support if you like consistent winning though... year after year they get it done. The ACC is a tough fookin' conference.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
scotty.jpg

The Dookies were no match for Scotty Thurman back in 93-94 though. Last plying his trade in Macedonia.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
scotty.jpg

The Dookies were no match for Scotty Thurman back in 93-94 though. Last plying his trade in Macedonia.

That bullshit 25 foot 3-pointer over Grant Hill was just that... BULLSHIT!!! That team was all about the beast down low, Mr. Corliss Williamson. Antoine Jamison was similarly dangerous afew years later.

Hey, you win some you lose some, but all those final 4's, all those championship games... and of course, the back-2-back titles in '91 & '92 for my last 2 years in high school. Everyone that ragged me for the blowout loss to UNLV in '90 had to eat it.

J

JMan

TRIBE Member
Still though, it was a long time coming for '91. I had to endure that muthafucka Pervis Ellison in '86, Seton Hall in '89 and the blowout in '90. I thought Greg Anthony was the least likely pro from that team. What ever happened to Anderson Hunt?

J