• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Making Sausages

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I have a wicked boerevors recipe I found in a book at a used bookstore in South Africa. I know someone here was making sausages on TRIBE back in the day and had a sausage maker. Can I borrow it? Where do you get skins, etc...

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
You can get the casings at the butcher
In addition to a sausage maker, you'll also want a grinder and meat mixer.
Keep everything as cold as possible while you work!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

BigLove

TRIBE Member
You can rent one from the healthy butcher. I took a sausage making class at their Eglinton and Avenue location.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
You can rent one from the healthy butcher. I took a sausage making class at their Eglinton and Avenue location.
Thanks! I am testing out various mix combos without the skins first (as patties) to make sure I get the blend just right before I take it to the next (sausage) level.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
it might have been me! we left our manual meat grinder, sausage maker at the cottage so i won't see it until late june. that said, husband bought an electric meat grinder and i'm pretty sure it has sausage attachments. feel free to PM me.

i took a sausage making class at Stock In Trade and they are just up on the Danforth near Greenwood. It was helpful to learn tips about how to make sausage.