• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Makeup artists

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I have had 3 trials so far and they have ended up horrible. And the last one has been by far the worst I have EVER experienced... look at it:

I am very picky with what I want regarding my face (and also to match my gown) - and my face is very picky with what make-up goes on it and how it's applied. I can google, but I need personal opinions and experiences.

I need a good make-up artist that is not going to charge me an arm and a leg for my bridal make-up. I am willing to spend some cash, but not go broke.

Can you offer me some suggestions?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
oh, I only know a couple of movie makeup artists... no chance your wedding is ZOMBIE themed is it? it'd be pretty cool... and memorable! and isn't it all about that... the memories?

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
I have had 3 trials so far and they have ended up horrible. And the last one has been by far the worst I have EVER experienced... look at it:

I am very picky with what I want regarding my face (and also to match my gown) - and my face is very picky with what make-up goes on it and how it's applied. I can google, but I need personal opinions and experiences.

I need a good make-up artist that is not going to charge me an arm and a leg for my bridal make-up. I am willing to spend some cash, but not go broke.

Can you offer me some suggestions?
how much are you willing to spend?

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I am willing to spend $200 for initial application in the morning and maybe some touch-ups after ceremony for pictures and also before reception.

No zombie :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
sigh... when its my magic day, I'm going with the still fresh nightwalk with the arranged bullet holes.

what can I say, I'm traditional.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Oh trust me, our wedding is FAR from traditional.
But yeah... back to make-up, please... I really need advice.

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
I am willing to spend $200 for initial application in the morning and maybe some touch-ups after ceremony for pictures and also before reception.

check out jordana maxwell on www.plutinogroup.com (under makeup and hair). if you like her stuff pm me and i'll hook you up with her contact info.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:

woah.

my makeup was waaaaaaaaay less than that. and i was really happy with it. in fact, i thought i looked bee-yoo-ti-ful:D

she charged me 60$ for day off, 30$ for the trial and did all my bridesmaids for 60$ as well.
she also uses all mac products which was great.

pm me if you want her number. you can check the pics on frugal bride for my makeup or my wedding thread on here.

:)sarah

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I did trials with 3 from the frugal bride and I was not happy with them at all, they did okay or good job, but I was not wowed. :(

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
KillaLadY said:
Let your natural beauty and your fantastic day shine through in your face!

Then let the make up "enhance" the above! :cool:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
I have a few friends who are makeup artists. One works at Holts, the other (who I think is better) is a manager at Sephora. If you're interested PM me and I can get you in touch with her or him. They are definetly both excellent though.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
I was curious so I checked out the site in your location.

How is your wedding not traditional?

- Ceremony in church...Check!
- Wedding Party...Check!
- Pre-Reception (@country club)...Check!
- Reception (@country club)...Check!
- Wedding Cake...Check!

It all sounds nice and pretty traditional to me.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
H2Whoa said:
I was curious so I checked out the site in your location.

How is your wedding not traditional?

- Ceremony in church...Check!
- Wedding Party...Check!
- Pre-Reception (@country club)...Check!
- Reception (@country club)...Check!
- Wedding Cake...Check!

It all sounds nice and pretty traditional to me.
tropical theme, wedding dress is see-through, reception goes on until the morning... and others and others. :)