• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Make It Funky/ONdaFLY

lilyflower

TRIBE Member
that place was rammed to the tits!
i haven't seen 1. a crowd that large in ages 2. a crowd that larger dancing like it was their last chance.

way to go justin, dave, jenii, phil, taro, farbsie, etc.

p.s. taro has been with heidegger's notion of authenticity and intention. ask him about it. good times.

brendan

squirrely

TRIBE Member
omg brendan i just saw "lilyflower" and then read "that place was rammed to the tits" and my brain pretty much melted.

oh god how i wish that was actually lily who posted that. that woulda been a stellar tribe debut for our lovely lady.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
AMAGAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so fuckin good, i had to jet at 2 for dave seaman, but jebbus christ, anyone who hasnt attended one of these jams is so totally missing out

never a wack beat in the joint, each room was off the hook.....words fail me
thanx dan for the list and nice to meet ya farbsie, ya rule!
all the ppl i saw last night, thanx for making my evening
and nice meeting you Muffin

assassaint

TRIBE Member
im glad i popped my make it funky cherry last night, it was all kinds of awesome.

i went mainly to hear big league chu cause its been ages since i heard him live. jesus that was fucking awesome.

all djs were good, live band was a nice change and i had lotsa fun.

now im off to mel's diner for elvis special. 2 beef patties with all the fixings should fill this black hole in my gut.

oh beer how i love/hate thee

Tomb

TRIBE Member
WOW!...I haven't seen a crowd go off like that in a long time,
props to robb & Josh for a solid, and might i add pound'n hour and a half

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

D-Rea

TRIBE Member
squirrely said:
sometimes it's better just not to ask...

dear sweet swizzy was saving me from the hiccup attack i had early on in the night.

i must tell you.....this is a fool proof method for ridding your self of them!

get a tall glass of water....and a willing friend to place their hands over your ears while you chug the glass of water without stopping and only breathing through your nose.

sounds complicated but it works like a charm! thanks again christine!

awesome night once again....except for my slight panic attack. well worth the hangover and suicidal thoughts that i am having at work today!

only 2 hours to go! huzzzzzah!

Soulster

TRIBE Member
BBJ were you wearing a hat? if so, i apologize for being rude and not saying hi.

i had a great time. enjoyed the back room quite a bit, as well as downstairs at certain points. though when the dj downstairs - not sure of his name - dropped ice ice baby, i couldn't dance. i was laughing too hard.

squirelly, i think you were right up at the entrance when i was lining up to get in. i was positive it was you, but i got shy and didn't introduce myself. :eek:

BabeeFunk

TRIBE Member
funk if i've ever seen it!!

Wow... haven't danced my ass off like that in awhile!! Robb and Jel-o were unreal!!! They made my nite!! Was good to see everyone i hadn't seen in a bit can't wait for the next one!

-Ash ;)

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Soulster said:
BBJ were you wearing a hat? if so, i apologize for being rude and not saying hi.

i had a great time. enjoyed the back room quite a bit, as well as downstairs at certain points. though when the dj downstairs - not sure of his name - dropped ice ice baby, i couldn't dance. i was laughing too hard.

squirelly, i think you were right up at the entrance when i was lining up to get in. i was positive it was you, but i got shy and didn't introduce myself. :eek:
no hat, vinder was doubling as me cause we look so similar, and he needed to get in on list and i was down twice

he has a hair helmet, but again, i dont think he was rockin a hat

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Best music of the night was the mid-tempo breaks in the back room...I wasn't digging Jelo and Robb G, though I know a lot of people just wanted to get pounded with hard-hitting dancefloor killers, and they certainly dropped a lot of those...nice seeing the Tribe crew out in full force, it's always great to have familiar faces around you while enjoying the music.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Well, last night I saw my dream girl, visually at least. Lead singer of the Quartertones = bombshell.

Great night. Filled up real early and there was a full on rave vibe going down. Saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while, the usual suspects and some new peeps.

AGFA/Rusty played a great set of funk, as did Chu with the midtempo breaks. I was happy to have a few partiers left to dance it up to my set (right til close). Thank you. It was nice to be on the mainstage too (no skipping needles :D)

Nice one Farbs/Jay. Looking forward to the next installation on June 3rd.

Dan
djzirca.com
myspace.com/zirca

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I had a lot of fun.

robb g and jelo are jerks for thowing shit at me when I was peeing. but they had some good tunes so I forgive them.

I'm sorry to most if I was sorta stand-offish... I was sober and exhausted but trying really hard to keep my enthusasm for the music up so I was sorta inwardly focused. I'm not really a snob, I was just trying to keep awake! I saw Moez though, so I'm happy.

my shirt from last night is pretty ripe. so if you're going to complain about the heat/bo smell... that was probably me. Sorry! *blush*

yep. I had tons of fun. Hi Muffin!!

Muffin

TRIBE Member
ouch, my head. that was a very fun, very random, very drunken night, and a great party. can't really comment on downstairs, as i spent most of the night upstairs in the main room, but i really enjoyed jelo and robb g. those beats definitely got me dancing, and SWEATING, whoa :O (Jesux, you are my hero and I owe you a hair elastic).

I think I might have drunkenly introduced myself to about a million people :eek: thanks to everyone I vinder-from-tribed for being so nice. bbj, it was a pleasure. crazy sue you rock like a hurricane. Soulster, couldn't find ya, hopefully next time.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
D-Rea said:
dear sweet swizzy was saving me from the hiccup attack i had early on in the night.

i must tell you.....this is a fool proof method for ridding your self of them!

get a tall glass of water....and a willing friend to place their hands over your ears while you chug the glass of water without stopping and only breathing through your nose.

sounds complicated but it works like a charm! thanks again christine!
I can vouch for this... sesame street taught me this method... except i bite the cup and gradually tilt my head back so that I can cover my ears with my hands...

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
--[Zirca]-- said:
Well, last night I saw my dream girl, visually at least. Lead singer of the Quartertones = bombshell.

Agreed!

I wandered downstairs to see what was happening and I ended up just standing there for a good 15 minutes in awe.

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
props to make it funky/ondafly for another kickass party. felt like a throwback to the dirty rave-tastic breakfest parties.
beatfreakers and jelo/robb g both threw down killer sets; i couldn't bring myself to leave the upstairs room to check out good funk alliance/quartertones.
nice to meet case sensitive (aka tweedbot), thanks to mcbee, andrea and booty for being my random screaming crew partners in crime once again. i will definitely hit up the next one!

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
So many fantastic sets, don't know where to start...Quartertones, Jelo & Robb, Justin, Colin and Roland were all on point.
Great meeting more Tribers; Ms. Brick, case sensitive, et.al.
Thank you to everyone for coming out and making it another truly memorable night
* and keep the pics comin, they're great!

Soulster

TRIBE Member
Muffin said:
Soulster, couldn't find ya, hopefully next time.
aww, muffin! looks like i missed out on an entire contingent of tribe who were relegating themselves to the main room. i stayed outta there until the very end, then left shortly thereafter. next time!

and, okay, so i know jelo and matt are friends of all sorts of people on here, and i'm sure the tracks they were throwing down were great, but for the 15 minutes i was listening i didn't hear one proper mix between tracks. (okay, maybe one.)

i am not trying to make enemies or drama, but i simply can't hold my tongue. i'm sure the track selection was great, but why has no one mentioned the mixing issues? did you not hear the consistent lack of proper mixing? didn't it throw you off your groove? didn't it cause your dancing energy to be disrupted?

i like these make it funky parties alot (the two to which i've been) and i intend to go back again. however, a certain amount of professionalism (ie. i can only assume the guys were just too drunk or something to mix properly, because i've heard great things about them) is important for keeping the people who are not personal friends of the dj's happy and returning back for more. IMO.

props to a couple of dj's in the back room that i really enjoyed for their very funky, soulful mid-tempo breaks. props to big league chu and whoever went on after that. props to the quartertones. i thought they were quite good, though not nearly as high energy and tight a band as king sunshine.

~ jess

JuNiOrR

TRIBE Member
Soulster said:
and, okay, so i know jelo and matt are friends of all sorts of people on here, and i'm sure the tracks they were throwing down were great, but for the 15 minutes i was listening i didn't hear one proper mix between tracks. (okay, maybe one.)

i am not trying to make enemies or drama, but i simply can't hold my tongue. i'm sure the track selection was great, but why has no one mentioned the mixing issues? did you not hear the consistent lack of proper mixing? didn't it throw you off your groove? didn't it cause your dancing energy to be disrupted?
That being said I'd like to point out that when I(JustinTyce) came on following Robb G and Jelo... I didn't have a monitor... Basially at somepoint over the course of the night it had been unplugged... it was hard to tell as it was loud as hell up there but after about 15 mins someone managed to plug it back in for me.

I speaking for my company ONdaFLY Promotions have to thank every last one of you for coming out and supporting us... it was a wicked party and exceeded our expectations fully...

it's funny how this party went from a one room jam at The Speakeasy which closed just after we booked it... to a two room party at the elmo... to being a collaboration with make it funky on two floors with 3 rooms...

I have to thank Farbs & Jay for coming toegther with our crew to make this night what it was. You guys are wicked and I hope to work with you again in the near future!

Anyway... I'm wiped... I wish I could say more about the DJs but alas... I was going nuts for most of the night so... low and behold... no dice...

THANK YOU...

from everyone at ONdaFLY Promotions

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders