1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Maggots on a plane!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jul 1, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Maggots falling from an overhead luggage locker have forced a US Airways flight to return to the gate at Atlanta airport.

"Bugs just began to fall out of the overhead compartment" causing panic on board, passenger Desiree Harrell was quoted as saying by Associated Press.

All the passengers were then asked to get off so crews could clean the plane.

The airline said a container of spoiled meat brought on by a passenger caused the delay of the flight to Charlotte.

It said that after landing in North Carolina, the plane was taken out of service and fumigated.

Donna Adamo, a passenger on board flight 1537, said she first noticed a couple of flies when she got to her seat on Monday but did not pay much attention to that.

As the plane was taxiing, she said she heard a passenger behind her causing a commotion and refusing to take her seat.

"Then I heard the word 'maggot' and that kind of got everybody creeped out," Ms Adamo told AP.
    Passengers on board the US Airways flight Passengers were asked to get off because of a "minor emergency"

"All of a sudden, I felt somebody flick the back of my hair and on the front of me came a maggot, which I flicked off me.

But she said she "felt like they were crawling all over me because it only takes one maggot to upset your world".

"And as they're telling us to stay calm and seated, I see a maggot looking back at me and I'm thinking, 'These are anaerobic, flesh-eating larvae that the flight attendants don't have to sit with.'"

Ms Adamo said the pilot then announced that he had to return to the gate because of a "minor emergency on board".

The plane was cleaned and then continued on to Charlotte.

However, the unnamed passenger who brought the spoiled meat in a carry-on bag was put on another flight, US Airways spokesman Todd Lehmacher said.

It was not immediately clear how the passenger managed to take the meat on board.

2. derek

derek TRIBE Member

maggots get a bad rap. sure they're kinda gross, but they are so damn essential.

3. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

1. fly to atlanta
    2. buy meat
    3. fly to charlotte
    4. arbitrage

4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

look someone was using them for medical purposes. it's the only way to deal with flesh-eating disease you know. the maggots eat the dead tissue and leave behind the good stuff

5. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Know what else is in airplanes?

Bedbugs.

6. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Really?

7. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Buses, subways, restaurants, so says an associate of mine in the pest control industry.

8. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

eeeeeeew jet setting bed bugs

9. recoil

recoil TRIBE Member

ya my dad told me that when I was a kid - they were using them to treat patients in the Burn UNit at Hamilton General. they completely eat away necrotic tissue and leave the wound sterile - prevents the onset of gangrene. they probably still do use em I'd imagine

that said.. maggots on a plane is fucking disgusting. what kind of person is carrying maggot-infested meat in their carry-on luggage?? they need a psychiatric assesment

... and bedbugs?? eeewwww.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  10. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

teh ewwwz

[YOUTUBE]uIKgAI3uZok[/YOUTUBE]

11. dj SPINZ

dj SPINZ TRIBE Promoter

LOOOOL.

"I am sick and tired of these motherfuckin maggots on this motherfuckin plane!"

Actually not as funny as I'm on a plane in a few days and now I'll be extra paranoid.

12. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

imagine sleeping thru a 10-hour plane trip, only to become covered and then eaten by maggots? it could happen to YOU!!!:O

maggot-ass bitches.

13. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

I don't want your maggoty fish
    They're no good for winter
    I could buy as good as that
    Down in Bonavista.

14. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

this.

15. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

When we fly to and from florida we take sandwiches, snacks, a whole pile of stuff on the plane with us and have never been questioned. It doesn't say what size the container was - if it was a small one it would be easy to go through unnoticed.

16. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i guess now we know to hide illegal substances in pieces of meat with your carry-on luggage. just make sure it is a fresh cut