• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mad Cow in the US (And its not President Bush)

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
The US just reported its first case of Mad cow in Washington State and a number of countries (Primarily Japan, Taiwan, SouthKorea and even Russia) have already begun to ban US beef imports. As I recall, a few months back Canada had the exact same problem with one isolated case of Mad cow in Alberta and we insisted Canadian beef in general was still safe to consume. America went ahead and effectively ban all beef imports. Fair enough, but in keeping with the way they treated Canadians I think its only fair we turn around and show them the same level of courtesy they showed us. BAN IT!!

Here's the story
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3345929.stm

By the way, they kept the ban in effect for over 3 months.

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Mass-produced meat it fucking disgusting! Even if it is free of mad cow that shit is still full of steroids and antibiotics. People need to start buying organic free range meats. The animals are happier and they aren't pumped full of drugs (so they can stay alive in a box). But I wish the workers of the American Meat plants the best this holiday season. I hope they find jobs elsewhere.

*end of mini-rant*

DSV

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Aeryanna
The US just reported its first case of Mad cow in Washington State and a number of countries (Primarily Japan, Taiwan, SouthKorea and even Russia) have already begun to ban US beef imports.
Here's the story
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/ [/B][/QUOT...rn!! Factory meat is pretty gross anyways.

Last edited:

shylock_one

TRIBE Member
Is Canadian beef different from American beef? I've always had the impression that American beef had a lot more steriods than Canadian beef.

physix

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by man_slut
People need to start buying organic free range meats. The animals are happier and they aren't pumped full of drugs (so they can stay alive in a box).
10 (8 oz.) Chicken Breasts, Organic Skinless/Boneless US only
$29.95
20 (8 oz.) Chicken Breasts, Organic Skinless/Boneless US only
$57.95
20 (5 oz.) Chicken Thighs, Organic Skinless/Boneless US only
$20.59
40 (5 oz.) Chicken Thighs, Organic Skinless/Boneless US only
$39.95

yeah, not gonna happen.

that shit is way too expensive....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by shylock_one
Is Canadian beef different from American beef? I've always had the impression that American beef had a lot more steriods than Canadian beef.
I think there must be a certain level of truth to it. The EU has banned most US beef for many years because of growth hormones in the meat. As far as I know that ban was never extended to Canadian beef.

Here's the latest list of countries that have joined the ban:
Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Russia, Australia, South Africa, Brazil, Mexico and the Ukraine.

Why is Canada not on this list?

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Mad cow shows up spontaneously quite often... it's actually quite surprising that it's taken this long to show. I'm assuming that's because they don't test every single brain, but rather use a sampling procedure. Also, in the early stages, the disease wouldn't be noticed, so it could very well be that it's all over the place, just not at the level of detection.

The safe thing is just not to eat brains and spinal cords from cows-- this means no McDonalds (they use 100% beef, meaning 100% of the cow) nor hot dogs, but only idiots still eat that shit anyway, right? Might cull the human herd a bit if we weren't so vigilant.

It wouldn't surprise me if we found that 80% of Americans have spongiform encephilitis right now in the early stages... or at least the leaders anyway-- I can only just by actions, but it certainly seems that Bush has little holes in his brain tissue.

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
The safe thing is just not to eat brains and spinal cords from cows (they use 100% beef, meaning 100% of the cow) -- this means no McDonalds.
I've heard alot of things about McDonalds but not this. Where did you hear it from? It doesn't sound very plausible.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
100% beef... what do you think it means?

It means the cow is funnelled into a large high-speed meat grinder when it is old enough, and out the other end comes 100% beef burgers for McDonalds.

Quite amazing, really. No waste whatsoever, which is why they can sell burgers for $0.69 and still make a huuuuuge profit.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
100% beef... what do you think it means?

It means the cow is funnelled into a large high-speed meat grinder when it is old enough, and out the other end comes 100% beef burgers for McDonalds.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think 100% beef means that the total content of the product is beef and nothing else, I don't think it literally means that they actually use 100% of the cow....

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
I highly doubt they throw the whole fucking cow in a blender, that's would create some seriously bad shit. Like really, there would be cow shit in there.

Go vegan and solve the problem along with many others.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
They hang the cow up before putting it through the burger machine. Snapping a vertebrate's neck quick enough always results in bowel evacuation.

So, there's no cow shit, only hooves, teeth, shit like that, ya know?

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
They hang the cow up before putting it through the burger machine. Snapping a vertebrate's neck quick enough always results in bowel evacuation.

So, there's no cow shit, only hooves, teeth, shit like that, ya know?
LOL!!!...you have no idea what you're talking about do you? :D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Really its a pretty low risk thing still. Long as we don't see herd culls like in urope I doubt it even becomes front page news beynd the first week.

Only %10 of there industry is export and thus effected. The only thing that changs is that the current border restrictions for canadian beef look like they will move along a little faster.