• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mac OS X Yosemite

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Upgraded today. Seems pretty slick. Enough of a change to make it worthwhile.

ableton, and the rest of the cast still works!

Last edited:
Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Trying out some of the new features with IOS8.1 and Yosemite.

Mainly the ability to send and receive iMessages, and the ability to receive and make Phone calls in the OS.

Let's say I've been around for awhile, and know how impossible shit gets with windows over the years, having to spend 2-3 hours screwing with settings to get something to work.

This set up seems worse. I almost literally gave up a few times. I miss apple's really simple user UI/Configuration which is now completely screwed to the point where you really need to be a true computer geek to make this shit work.

Unreal. I felt like I was configuring DOS for UMB/EMS Memory or something. I needed 2-3 different blog sites.

Once it's up and running though, It's a pretty wicked feature. But the set up is not for the faint of heart, and looks like a real gimmick to put on their site. No way in hell the average MAC user will figure that out.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Wut? iMessage persistence has been around since mountain lion. Continuity is a single check box if youre authenticated to iCloud.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
It goes on.. setting up Wi Fi calls on your Mac using your iPhone. So far I can make calls, but can't receive.

Then with iMessaging With IOS8.1 you need to enable text message forwarding under settings -> messages. It was frustrating enough just to get the menu option to appear.

You need to make sure all settings are correct in message, and FaceTime on the OS X. You also need to pair the two machines under the text message forwarding.

Yeah then everything needs to be on WiFi for cell calls on the OSX. iCloud needs to be properly configured on both yes.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I Just wasted another hour and a half trying to get incoming calls to work. I can't for the life of me.

I think there's alot changed with IOS8.1 and Yosemite. It's not that I care. I just don't like it when I can't get it work work so I dork out until I do, then I leave it.

But if it actually is useful, then sure. I really dig the outbound calls on MBP. and Facetime works flawlessly with the lady on her MBP, through my iPhone 5

some folks are saying just format the bugger. Rite? Has Bluetooth 4.3 as well. So Handoff is supported in that regard.