• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

M_nus Mix - Minimal - Andrew O'Malley

aom

TRIBE Member
In anticipation of the North American leg of the min2MAX tour, I've put together a little sampler of tunes from Richie's label, Minus.

In the Minus spirit, it was mixed with decks n efx :)

ARTIST / TRACK / RELEASE
richie hawtin / (r)edit #2 (range'd) / minus 8c
actual jakshun / sequential circus / minus 27
richie hawtin / (r)edit #1 (freek'd) / minus 8c
algoritmo / indus / minus 16
slacknoise / ana tak 1 / minus 28
dj minx / a walk in the park (magda's word em up mix) / minus 22
magda / 48 hour crack in your bass / minus 35
richie hawtin / the tunnel / minus 33
marc houle / coar / minus 23
mathew jonson / ultraviolet dream / minus 24
marc houle / east to west / minus 25
run stop restore / geometry / minus 20
troy pierce / girl down by the river / minus 29
heartthrob / time for ensor / minus 31
richie hawtin / orange (yellow mix) / minus yellow
troy pierce / horse nation / minus 29

Mix is here.
(right click + save as)

Enjoy!
ao.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Sure, all tunes I've heard before - but its mixed well and an enjoyable listen. For what he set out to do, its a good mix and I enjoyed it.

aom

TRIBE Member
gsnuff said:
Richie and M_nus have loads of promo.. they don't need your help.
Yeah, you're right; what was I thinking!? :confused:

Either way, you'd be surprised how many people don't know what Richie et al. are up to . . . minimal isn't THAT big yet . .

I dig the vague terrain site, btw . . .

Thanks to everyone for checkin' out the mix :)

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
aom said:
Yeah, you're right; what was I thinking!? :confused:
Don't take my comments the wrong way, My point was just that there are 10,000 DJ's out there so why limit yourself by doing something derivative? As a DJ, half the talent is programming and if you are working within the confines of a single labels output (quite possibly the most overexposed "mnml" label since force inc.) your hands are largely tied. I personally think it's really tough to pull off an interesting mix from one labels back catalogue..

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing more in the future. :D

,g

aom

TRIBE Member
gsnuff -- good points, and I found that very programming challenge when making this mix: after going through my tracks, I thought the mix ended up TOO minimal . . .

Here in Ottawa the minimal scene is pretty small, so I figured I'd use the upcoming min2MAX tour as an opportunity to push a minimal sound locally, and work on a mix from a single label as it's something I've wanted to try for a while.

You can check www.aomalley.org/audio for some previous mixes . . .

Cheers,
ao.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

frogs

TRIBE Member
yeah great mix 4 sure, I love that track at the 32:30 mark, don't know which one it is but it's sweet. listened to this after mutek, definitely kept the vibe going. great download thanks for posting

miller

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
Sure, all tunes I've heard before - but its mixed well and an enjoyable listen. For what he set out to do, its a good mix and I enjoyed it.
exactly. they're all great tracks. reminded me to dig some out and spin myself!