• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Lung Detox

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
quit, you're body usually brings it up (what a thought) and clears itself out. though this usually takes a while. took about 3 weeks to get that shit out of me when i quit.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I had smokers cough all the time. And Coughed up stuff in the morning.

I'm on day 20 of no smoking right now.. and until I read this thread, I hadn't noticed, but I havent been coughing up shit for a while now.

So it doesn't take so long. And it's worth the clear breathing really.

I feel better!.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djdeposit
Anyone have a method for this?

for all the chronics and chain smokers. how do u hauck up that tar?
Option A

Stop smoking (everything) for several weeks and allow your lungs to clean themselves out.

Option B

Shove a toilet brush down your throat.

Katman

TRIBE Member
I've heard it takes 7 years, but appearently your lungs can fully rejuvinate following years of heavy smoking. Mind you, I get most of my medical knowledge from watching ER and General Hospital.

lok

TRIBE Member
Lung Flesh Tea.

drink that shit for a week and stuff will come out of your lungs that you didnt think possible.

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lok
Lung Flesh Tea.

drink that shit for a week and stuff will come out of your lungs that you didnt think possible.
Are you kidding? Is this a scary Chinese remedy, it sounds like it.

Rob

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Katman
I've heard it takes 7 years, but appearently your lungs can fully rejuvinate following years of heavy smoking. Mind you, I get most of my medical knowledge from watching ER and General Hospital.
I don't think that's true. A relative of mine passed away of advanced lung cancer 20 yrs after she quit. I do not believe that's the case that they rejuvinate after a while.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opium_souldjah
I don't think that's true. A relative of mine passed away of advanced lung cancer 20 yrs after she quit. I do not believe that's the case that they rejuvinate after a while.
no disrepect to your families loss but isolated anecdotal evidence really isn't much to base an opinion on.

neither is ER though :)

Bumbaclat

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bumbaclat
no disrepect to your families loss but isolated anecdotal evidence really isn't much to base an opinion on.

neither is ER though :)

Bumbaclat
You're very right. This is something I am going to check out because I am interested now!

lok

TRIBE Member
You lungs will regenerate as tissue dies and is replaced. However, there is a point of irrovocable damage, especially in the case of tar build up and early emphaseyma.

Suffice to say that you have to be fairly intermitted for your lungs to catch up.

Also, the presence of carcinogens in the lungs 20 years ago will unlikely effect cell division, but might have already started cascade mutations that could end up as cancer.

Remember, we're all dodging a potential cancer bullet every day.

tayo

TRIBE Member
smoking causes lung tissue to atrophy, and this tissue NEVER recovers, don't kid yourself that you can just quit before it's too late and not suffer any consequences!

you can buy all kinds of crazy organ detox therapies at health food stores. I'm not a big fan of the Big Carrot but I used to work there and they had like lung detox, liver detox, blood detox etc, it comes in big bottles and you drink like half a cup of this stuff every day for 2 weeks or 6 weeks (i guess depending on how untoxic you want to be). one of the guys i used to work with used to give this stuff to his 5-year-old... i don't know how this stuff works, and since it's an 'alternative' therapy it isn't subject to the same regulations as conventional medicines.. you might want to do some research on it first before you go and drink a litre of it.