1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Luminato Events

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by erika, Jun 13, 2010.

1. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I saw "Infernal Comedy - Confessions of a Serial Killler" Friday night - absolutely brilliant!
    1 actor (John Malkovich)
    2 sopranos
    a baroque orchestra

Absolutely amazing staging; multi-layered work that was hilarious, chilling, enlightening, touching on the nature of truth, what is art, the dynamic betwen the sexes, the whole promotional circus.

Malkovich was brilliant; his interactions with the others so well done, the staging so well thought out (loved how the rose petals strewn about came to represent the blood from the murders). A superb spectacle, no doubt about it.

Did anyone catch any of the music in Queen's Park Saturday during the day? I really wanted to hear Rachid Taha, but family duties called...
  2. erika

erika TRIBE Member

If you haven't checked out the Ship O'Fools in Trinity Bellwoods, do - it's a hoot. I think it would be even more hilarious under some kind of influence ;)
  3. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

a lil birdie told me that TONY ALLEN was playing last weekend for Luminato!!!

(not the guard from the Boston Celtics, but the drummer.....ah nevermind)

would've hit that fer sure.