• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Luke "I keep the floor rockin" Fair

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
I hope I spelled Fair right.
Anyhoo, got there for about 12:30 and shit was the place going off. I am mighty impressed that someone can keep the dance floor steady for a straight 1.5-2 hours (thats how long I was there) Colour me wow.

Was happy to see the incognito swingers posse of drury, nick and toberson, a sober Kryziu, meet Peko, help Ev get drunk (Happy birthday kid) and chill with fatty crawford

the whole night gets a 10/10 from me. That Fair guy is ace.

keztronic

TRIBE Member
well i got in to system around 1 or so and heard some amazing beats from the shit front room.....who was that guy???????

the crowd seemed like a lot of fresh faces.

anyways...danced my ass off for 3 hours non stop.....just being pounded by beautiful music......

good night for sure, luke fair drops em.........

-j.

organik

TRIBE Member
LUKE FAIR... owns!!!

what a night!!! The music was top notch... the crowd was going off, and good vibes all around. Honestly I don't go out much anymore, but when I do I always make sure I come out to support our local boy Luke Fair... he's come a long way and his skills behind the decks just get better and better, it was flawless last night! and the transitions from track to track and the builds in his set were perfect... he kept me dance the whole night. We are definitely lucky to be treated to a night like that by this international success... good job Luke!

Also it was good to see some old faces that I haven't seen in a while... respects to Gregor, Duncan, Coleridge, Evan, Tara, Berto, Marcus, kellie, Sean C, Toby, Nick, and anyone I forgot it was great seeing you all... and it was nice to meet Peko from the board.

10/10

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
a sober Kryziu
:D - thats even possible?

I had a blast last night... showed up at 1230 with a friend but she got sick in the line up and went home cause she wasn't up for the crowds. Got in and immediately saw Sneaky Pete breezing through the bar, that guy sorta floats through the masses... awesome!

Luke Fair threw down some awesome tracks while I was there, my ears detected some depeche mode in there, yes? I danced my ass off and had a wicked time. Peko and ModOne were fantastic as usual. Peko, your smile is too bright, dim down the joy a bit so I can come to my senses around you, hahaha! it was a pleasure and amusing to meet new faces... especially when they do the "I'm really drunk and I think I know you from tribe..." greeting. Well, now you know me from Luke Fair's 10/05! woo! snapped of some good pics of the main man doing his stuff, and some interesting crowd shots... who knew Kalemic can't be picked up on digital cameras? he's a vampire... bring fire!

just bustled and bopped around until I decided I should actually sleep before work and tooted off into the night. really wish I could have gone full tilt and give the party my best... next time!

oh, Adam and Zee: made it past three, I win! hee hee hee!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I had a wicked time last night, but unfortenatly I had to go to a convention the next day, and couldn't stay as long as I wanted too, but for the time I was there Luke went through this nice transition of disco to some nice heavy beats. He had the dance floor going from the moment he went on.

It was nice seeing some people I haven't seen in a while, and all had wicked attitudes that makes a party great.:D

xtollo

TRIBE Member
hahah I'm very indifferent about the night. Whilst blastin between 12-2 I thought Luke was 10/10, funky future house, amazing. Over the night, the set was probably one of the best programmed sets I'd heard, ever. lol

He had a steady climb going for 4 hours, wtf. And during what I call the "starry eyed surprise' climax, he showed us that he could rock the dancefloor like one of the big boys. Professional and unique.

BUT...

unfortunately as I've raised the bar so god damn high when it comes to parties it takes A LOT to blow me away. I wasn't feeling the sound system, brutal. Nor, the ultra sketchy crowd.

I realize that not every party should be "the party of the year", but it's tough not to compare based on the talent I've seen this last year alone.

ps. 7 hours and I can't fucking ID one track. bahah He played a remix of the KLF - 3am Eternal, but that hardly counts as a trainspot. The whole night seems like a giant canvas/ a blur rather of future house.

Good job Luke!

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
well, i planned on leaving a lot earlier than i actually did, so it must have been good! was sooooo happy to hear the charlatans remix. and i NEED to know who did that "tunnel of love"(?) remix that is also on the danny howells/groove armada @ space set. i adore it! hearing that made my night. :D

nice seeing some faces i haven't seen out in a while, as well as meeting some new people (and re-meeting people for that matter!) good times.

Special K

TRIBE Member
i *think* thats

Originally posted by mandapanda
and i NEED to know who did that "tunnel of love"(?) remix that is also on the danny howells/groove armada @ space set.
ramsay - dirty delicious (dub)

also on desyns new cd

fa_bu_lus

TRIBE Member
just starting to recover!!!

AWESOME night.

Jeff Green in the front groove did a great job of getting the crowd warmed up for luke.

Fair was just great. Bumping happy tunes all night!
3AM eternal & King of my Castle!!! come on!!!

left at 4, but the tunes were still rocking.

Cheers to good friends, good tunes and getting in free :)

Tobby, nice to meet yah! see you at miss kittin!

xtollo

TRIBE Member
hah i just remembered Luke played a really cracked out remix of...

Coburn - We Interrrupt This Program

tobywan

TRIBE Member
my oh my...what a night indeed.

The crew was in full-on rawk starr party mode, and the place was jumpin'...Luke was just droppin' bomb after bomb track, and he's quickly becoming one of my fav dj's...the only damper on the night is that I got probably the drunkest I have ever in my life, and let's just say I don't remember much from the dancefloor to my bed...but the night still pwned!

shouts out to all the people who make these nights what they are...nickers, drury, tara, coleridge, organik, sean, krysiu, ev the bday boy...the list goes on and on.

And I believe I finally met crazlegs...not too sure though...and fa_fu_lus, I apologize for not remembering our encounter...and sad to say I won't be in the city for miss kittin...bah.

Well worth the hangover!....*golf clap*

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
A much needed night out. I didn't recognize any of the stuff that Luke played, but all danceable tunes. Saw some familiar faces and didn't get to meet some people that I wanted to meet. ;)

Overall, not a bad night out.

HouseHeadSacha

TRIBE Member
once again i missed (forgot about) a luke fair night...
and it sounds like it was another killer night by the best thing outta toronto...

argh!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xtollo
hah i just remembered Luke played a really cracked out remix of...

Coburn - We Interrrupt This Program

This is a sick remix... I have it. There's also a couple other remixes of this track too, but this one seems to have a nice flow too it... compaired to some of the other remixes of this track.

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
it was great to be out & dancing to such fantastic music...luke really was cranking out sick beats, which had the dancefloor rocking & swaying...

the coburn track is awesome & the GSR label is really putting out some nice solid tracks...lots of other fantastic tunes, & i'm looking forward to hearing more reviews...

i really wish i could have stayed longer, but luke has definitely taken his sound to the next level & beyond...

nice to see everyone out & hopefully we can get luke back in the city in the next few months...

montreal get ready!!!

Michael Drury

TRIBE Member
What a crazy fun night!

Everything looked incredible - everything!

Will certainly be front and centre for the next big fat Luke set.

Cheers to the posse that kept me grounded and Nick - WOW :eek:

Cheers,
MD

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
Had a blast on Friday!

Got in around 11 and Jeff Green was doing a great job in the main room getting everyone all warmed up for the main event.

Luke Fair was spot on all night .....well from 12-4 when I was there anyways. Couldn't stop dancing all night! Highlight of the night for me was when Luke dropped the mix of KLF - 3 am Internal ...... talk about taking it back! :D

The crowd was really fun and my companions weren't to shabby either. :p Nice to meet the apparently super drunk Tobywan. Unfortunately I was unable to meet someone I wanted to ...... but I guess there's always Lawler! :D

bringthebeats

TRIBE Promoter
another stellar night at system. it's always been my opinion that the longer you let a headliner play, the better the night will be. both brad copeland and luke have been given the decks for extended sets in the past four months and both have done their best to prove this theory correct.

big thanks again to chris avila for doing an impeccable job with the sound and lights. it’s a very difficult task switching back and forth from all the different genres that the club hosts. chris does an incredible job, virtually on his own. after a few early adjustments, the system was super crisp and pumping. soo good.

as cheez said, luke has brought his game to even another level. each and every time we kick it on the floor in front of him, he blows us all away. too often in this scene talents you love digress instead of progress; luke is moving forward, never looking back. it’s amazing how many new tracks have surfaced since july and it’s even more incredible how he can place the classic luke selections amongst them. his mixing and programming are flawless.

"when push comes to shove, luke show's us all a little love."

stereo.... LOOK OUT!

Last edited:

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Crazlegs
Had a blast on Friday!

Got in around 11 and Jeff Green was doing a great job in the main room getting everyone all warmed up for the main event.

Luke Fair was spot on all night .....well from 12-4 when I was there anyways. Couldn't stop dancing all night! Highlight of the night for me was when Luke dropped the mix of KLF - 3 am Internal ...... talk about taking it back! :D

The crowd was really fun and my companions weren't to shabby either. :p Nice to meet the apparently super drunk Tobywan. Unfortunately I was unable to meet someone I wanted to ...... but I guess there's always Lawler! :D
Your review read an awful lot like fa_bu_lus'. :D