1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Luke Fair & Add2Basket @ Footwork

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by MOD ONE, Aug 9, 2010.

1. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Man these two guys went back to back and it was one intense night of amazing music. There's not much Djs that can get me going these days, but these two guys had my dancing shoes on fire!!! The way they programed their sets makes these huge moments where you have no choice but to jump up and down for a bit. It was good to run into some people I never see to often because I really don't go out and party anymore, but I'm glad I made it out to this event because it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to the people that put that party together... good times.:D

2. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

It was a super night!

Tag teaming was the theme all night long. Matt and Steve started things off with some downright beautiful warm up tunes that hypnotically drew people on to the dancefloor. By the time Luke started at 12:30 the place was already quite full - a nice surprise given there were some very good events happening across the city. I really love the crowd that comes out for BTB events, so friendly, into the music and no attitude. And it was a treat to see many faces from System days! Almost felt like a mini-reunion. ;)

Luke and Andrew are an excellent musical match. Overall their styles perfectly complement each other though Andrew's a bit more on the chuggy/aggressive side while Luke excels on the melodic front. My friends found it rather amusing that I could always tell who was on but by now I'm sorta familiar with Luke's distinctive style.

Those who were lucky enough to catch the first live "Rogue Show" were simply eating it up and would have happily stayed if the night could have lasted longer. But alas, the lights went on at 5 and the 70-odd people hollered for an encore, which was graciously given.

Thanks to Luke and Andrew for such a stellar night, the Fabricated guys, BTB crew for putting it together and FW!