• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

lower back pain & hip alignment

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
my gf's back has been giving her severe pain over the last day or two, she needs to see someone today about it, a friend of hers told her about a pain clinic on queen near steves music, but i have searched and found nothing on it.

does anyone know and clinics and or practitioners that can help with this type of thing, she has a doctors appt with her GP this afternoon at 2, but she wants to do something about it asap.

thanks for any suggestions or info in advance

[jai]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
glych t.anomaly said:
my gf's back has been giving her severe pain over the last day or two, she needs to see someone today about it, a friend of hers told her about a pain clinic on queen near steves music, but i have searched and found nothing on it.

does anyone know and clinics and or practitioners that can help with this type of thing, she has a doctors appt with her GP this afternoon at 2, but she wants to do something about it asap.

thanks for any suggestions or info in advance

[jai]

I've gone to the pain clinic you are talking about for accupuncture/chinese medicing.

It is called "Pain Relief Clinic" and located at 450 Queen St. W Unit 217 (upstairs). I have scene rong zhu for accupunture but there is also a girl who does shiatsu.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
thanks for all the info, she saw someone from her gym today that specializes in ART and acupuncture etc, and if it persists we have more avenues to check out, much appreciated all who posted.

[jai]

sugar

TRIBE Member
I have had problems with this for many years. I'd recommend seeing a chiropractor or physiotherapist. It might take a few months to fix up, but it'll be more effective than just treating with anti-inflammatories (which is basically all her family doctor will be able to do). A muscle relaxant would be good in the meantime though. Her doctor can prescribe something that's stronger than Robax. You can also get something called Norflex from the pharmacist without a prescription (behind the counter).

BlueEyedMonster

TRIBE Member
junglisthead said:
congrads, she is pregnant !!

i heard you can get this from kissing and i don't do that sort of thing so i'm definitely not preggers

But my back still hurts..... the massage guy said i was too inflamed in my lower back to work too much on it :(

he gave me some mobility back but since i have scoliosis i am always compensating for that on my one side

I still cannot bend over very far and can't lift much weight which really impedes my ability to work

would acupuncture be better?

although the thought of needles scares me

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
SellyCat said:
Has she tried taking Robax?

The worst thing you can do for back/hip pain is take pain medication, it just masks the pain, you can make the problem worse.

I have a curve in my spine, and my SI joint (hip) is out of whack. My GP recommended a physio therepist and she has worked wonders. Mind you I have to do exercises all the time or the pain will come back... I have my exercises here, I could pdf them and send them over to ya. I would highly recommend seeing what physio can do!

The pain sucks! But it will get better!
Good Luck!

kyfe

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
I have had problems with this for many years. I'd recommend seeing a chiropractor or physiotherapist. It might take a few months to fix up, but it'll be more effective than just treating with anti-inflammatories (which is basically all her family doctor will be able to do). A muscle relaxant would be good in the meantime though. Her doctor can prescribe something that's stronger than Robax. You can also get something called Norflex from the pharmacist without a prescription (behind the counter).

same

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Send her to a practitioner (ie: pro-massage) who understands 'release technique'.

And if all else fails, send her to a doctor so's she can pop some Pantoloc. (anti-inflammatory that works)

PS: Physiotherapists, yes. Chiropractors, no.

Last edited:

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Polymorph said:
And if all else fails, send her to a doctor so's she can pop some Pantoloc. (anti-inflammatory that works)

<edit> no, Naxen. not Pantoloc. Naxen, an anti-inflammatory that works.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Craigee said:
chiropractors are the way to go. But there are some who suck, and some who are miracle workers. Make sure you get a recommendation.

Here's mine. Dr Yeung rules:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/pierre.ducharme063/chiropractic.html

'na. Sorry. But Chiros are the Quick Fix, the fast-food of physiotherapy.

Go see a real physio who practices release-technique, and get the long-term benefits.

PS: one wrong wrench, and a Chiro can totally destroy your spine.

sugar

TRIBE Member
Polymorph said:
'na. Sorry. But Chiros are the Quick Fix, the fast-food of physiotherapy.

Go see a real physio who practices release-technique, and get the long-term benefits.

PS: one wrong wrench, and a Chiro can totally destroy your spine.

Nah, sorry. Wrong.

I'd do a little research on the subject if I were you.

debunct

TRIBE Promoter
whenever one of these threads come up, i shutter when i hear the advice that gets thrown around. little do you probably know that your advice could actually being doing more damage than you think.

i am no doctor or healer but I am living proof in the power of the mind-body connection. i suffered from severe chronic back pain for a good majority of my adulthood and it literally ripped my life apart. it led to depression, a collapse in my marriage, and loss of my job.

there is good evidence that a whooping 90% of all back pain in society today is a result of how we "hold in" or repress emotions. it is an epidemic of serious proportions. the unfortunate part about it, is that everybody says do this and do that and makes the suffering person think that this is a completely physical issue. You can argue it all you want, but in my opinion, if you are recommending ART, chiropractor, pills, etc...you are making the problem worse. Not because you won't get relief from the pain that way, but because your mind is heck of a lot smarter than you think. We aren't actually tackling the root of the problem. The intricate role that the mind and emotions plays in our physicality cannot be taken lightly anymore. If your body is sending you a message (ie...back pain) that we are dangerously storing deep emotions in the subconsious, if we don't get that message, then it will certainly try in another way. And we often wonder why there are more cases of cancer and heart attacks then ever.

If you suffer from back pain or any other type of "chronic pain" then read Dr.John Sarno and the plethora of other literature pertaining to the deep connections between the mind and body. it is enough to change your life, it certainly did for me.

For the other 10% who suffer from back pain from injury or "severe" degeneration, that is another story. I wish the best for you. But if you had an injured back, you would REALLY know it.

It is so sad to hear so much misinformation out there. Read up on this as much as you can before you make the next recommendation because you could be doing more damage than you think.

Cheers....good luck everyone.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
I'd do a little research on the subject if I were you.

Hey. Research done.

I practice a combination of Feldenkrais, Swedish, and release technique.

(it's about using your own weight of your own body in the process...)

and I could fix his girl up there up in, oh, an hour or two...

And yes, I know of several cases where a choreo can totally throw yer back...

(and, yup, bias)

Last edited: