• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

loud talkers

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
Why do people feel the need to talk really really loud all the time? The girl across from me talks at about 300% the recommended volume level, has had people politely 'shoosh' her, and I"m about 5 minutes away from telling her in less uncertain terms what I think about her annoyingness.

For those of you who find you're getting looks from co-workers when you're on the phone -- it might be time to check that volume knob and shut the sweet fuck up.

Adam

TRIBE Member
say this as sarcastically as possible:

"OK, You're at about a 7, we need you at about a 3! Thanks!"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
ungh.. one of the programmers that I work with has a real issue with needing to yell into the phone.
The problem is, he has his cell on vibrate so I have no advanced warning, and then suddenly "HELLO.. HELLO".. scares the shit out of sometimes..
Also, it's always his mother that calls, and apparently she has never been trained to communicate, so he usually has to keep saying "HELLO.. HELLO" for a little while until she comprehends that he's talking to her.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT YELLING.
yell.jpg

LOUD>

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I talk loud, but not like THAT.

but I do have the kinda voice that makes it near impossible to whisper.

I can't whisper very well at all

I LIKE TO TALK LIKE THEEEEEEEEEES

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
hahah on my grade one report card my teacher states that I really need to "modulate" my voice haha apparently I was a loud kid - not so loud now :)

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
i hate when people i don't know talk about their pets that i don't know either.... a secretary from another department wanders by my desk at work and sees a picture of my cats on my desk and feels the need to tell me in detail about how her dog thinks he's a cat for about 15 mins....

is the a polite way to say i don't care?...i guess i'm off topic a bit but none thes less.... annoying people in the office... grrrr.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Many people talk because they feel other people care about what they have to say and/or they like to te sound of their own voices. Especially when voicing their opinions. Either way it's annoying.

Alita

TRIBE Member
haha loud talkers are one of my pet peeves...the worst is people who think they have to yell on phones or cell phones for the person on the other end to hear properly.

depraved

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by littlenutty
...is the a polite way to say i don't care?

"I'm really busy working against a tight deadline right now; can we talk a little bit later?"

If she comes back, repeat.

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
IT'S EXACTLY LIKE THOSE PEOPLE ON PUBLIC TRANSIT WHO TALK SOO FUCKING LOUD THAT EVERYONE ON THE BUS/TRAIN/SUBWAY CAN HEAR THEIR ANNOYING LITTLE CONVERSATION. LIKE EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THAT THEY'VE SWITCHED HAIRSPRAY STYLES OR WASHED THEIR ASS FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS MONTH!!......

LIKE DUDE SAID AT THE BEGINNING,

"SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!"

L-T
:D

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam
say this as sarcastically as possible:

"OK, You're at about a 7, we need you at about a 3! Thanks!"

or

"remember, we're inside now. so everyone please use their indoor voices"

skyparty

TRIBE Member
my mother tells me i talk too loud
but i look around at my friends, and we all talk "too loud"
according to her....

i blame the loud music.

RJ45

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
hahah on my grade one report card my teacher states that I really need to "modulate" my voice haha apparently I was a loud kid - not so loud now :)
perhaps you mean "moderate"? :)

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Nope - MODULATE

modulate
v 1: change the key of, in music; "modulate the melody"
2: of one's speech, varying the pitch [syn: inflect]
3: fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of;
"regulate the temperature"; "modulate the pitch" [syn: regulate]
4: adjust the pitch, tone, or volume of
5: vary the frequency, amplitude, phase, or other
characteristic of (electromagnetic waves)

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
or

"remember, we're inside now. so everyone please use their indoor voices"

I use this regularly on one of my friends.

She so fucking LOUD sometimes, I need to turn the volume down to the lowest setting on my phone to talk to her.

in all seriousness, she is the only clear voice I can hear in a loud, crowded club from across the room.

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Loud talkers are annoying as fuck but low talkers make me want to scratch my eyes out, I hate having to strain to listen to what someone has to say, just spit it out!!!!! High talkers suck as well, I hate people with squeaky or baby girl voices, I don't find it feminine at all...haha think I am really picky when it comes to what I like in terms of pitch control, that probably why I choose not to converse with 75% of my office unless forced to.