• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Lotus Tonight - Thursday!

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Anyone going to the Jam at Lotus tonight? I'll be there. I have been looking forward to something like this since I left Toronto. Hope it's good.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

watanabee

TRIBE Member
who's playing? is this Matthew Dear or was that last week, i'm so out of touch. I'm leaving the city tonight though.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
SuperKennyK said:
I have been completly out of it as well. I'm not sure who these guys are, but I'm sure it's better than anything they have played at the shitty Granville Bars that I have been too.

http://www.clubzone.com/events/event31235.html

Not sure of all of those DJs.

I saw Allison Barth at Lotus one time and she really impressed me. DJ Ali is one of the bigger jocks in town. Other than those I've never heard anyone else from that list. Should be fun though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

playhouse

TRIBE Member
Matthew Dear is this Thursday at the Plaza... Lotus Long Weekend jams are an institution in this city, but the music at every one I've been to has been sorta "meh".

There really are some fun parties here though, you just have to dig around a lil'. :)

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
I did not enjoy my first experience at Lotus. It's not my type of place.

I finally found a club in Vancouver, that I like. It's called Ginger, by Davie and Granville. I enjoyed it, had a great time, and would go back again. Gene Farris was spinning on Saturday. Great Vibe and some nice people.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
I used to enjoy going to ginger, although I had a bad experience one friday night with some brutes acting tough and it really turned me off of the place. It has a nice decor though.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
That's too bad. I found that even the bouncers were pleseant, other than the fact I had to grease them to get in before my bladder exploded.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
well, it was just one night, but it really put me off of going to clubs altogether. I'm happier spending my cash eating at the amazing choices of restaurants here. The Westend is especially great for moderately priced,places with great food.

Some of my favs:

Kam's Place on Davie - get the coupon every week in the Straight for 2 for 1.
Banana Leaf On Denman
Goo With Ginger on Robson
Mongolian BBQ on Denman
Korean Place at Thurlow and Davie(don't know name, in black house with internet place on top)
Ramin place on Denman at Robson

and many many more.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Banana Leaf is definitely my fav so far. My dad is Dutch/Indonesian, and this is the only place I found that can match his home cooking abilities.

atbell

TRIBE Member
There is another Banana Leaf on Broadway just past McDonald if that is easier for you to get to, it might be less crowded too.