• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

LOST - The TV Show....anyone else hooked?

silver1

TRIBE Member
They needed to explain more......

Like when George Lucas helped explain the Force through microorganisms called midichlorians.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
They needed to explain more......

Like when George Lucas helped explain the Force through microorganisms called midichlorians.
LOL! I'm kind of glad they didn't explain everything or else people would be bitching that the explanations were weak and didn't live up to snuff.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Seems like most people assume that this fictional narrative is wholly self-consistent and representative some deeper reality which the viewer was meant to discover. i feel like the writers stuck in whatever twists would make for exciting viewing at the time, eventually got stuck with a big mess of a story that didn't make complete sense, and so gave up trying to satisfy the fanboys and wrote this soft ending about the island being some vague afterlife waiting-room.

LET DOWNNN. the 7 seasons of STTNG made for better scifi (albeit with less kate austen)
I have to 'mostly' agree with this.

Shug

TRIBE Member
Well, you have to admit they were smart about it; people stopped watching Twin Peaks after the curtain was pulled back at the start of season 2.

Funny thing was that the network basically forced Lynch's hand on that one - he wanted to keep the mystery going, but the men in suits wanted resolution for their viewers.

Even though the Lost dudes were (obviously, now in hindsight) making shit up as they went along, they hooked the remainder of those of us not sticking around for the character portraits.

Last edited:

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Just checked the TV listings and noticed that on Saturday May 29th ABC will be airing the series finale and the Jimmy Kimmel special again. However, according to the TV listings time slot the finale is from 8pm-10pm. Think they are gonna air the shorter 2 hours version minus the extra half-hour. Will be interesting to see the half-hour that they decide to crop off. Wonder if this is enhanced version with the Coles/Cliff notes captions?

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
According to reports, the DVD box set of Season 6 and the whole series is going to have an Epilogue about 12-14 mins long that tells the story of Hurley and Ben as the protectors of the island. Dood who played Ben also mentioned this on Attack of The Show the other day

That'd be rad

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Lost DVD Extra: The Hurley/Ben Years?
Michael Emerson teases an epilogue for the Complete Series DVD set.
May 26, 2010
by Matt Fowler
LATEST IMAGES
View all 1566 images »
LATEST VIDEO
View all 30 videos »

If you're like us then we know you're wondering about Hurley and Ben's time on The Island as the new #1 and #2. How long did they stay there? Did they really change things and follow a "new way" of doing things? Did they face any new dangers or threats?

Well, we don't know if this will answer any of that, but Lost star Michael Emerson ("Ben") appeared on Attack of the Show! today and said that those people that spring for the Complete Series DVD set will be treated to an epilogue that provides a hint as to what went down after Jack died and Hurley took over as the new Mr. Rourke.

"For those people that want to pony up and buy the complete Lost series, there is a bonus feature, which is...you could call it an epilogue," explained Emerson. "A lost scene. It's a lot. It's 12 or 14 minutes that opens a window onto that gap of unknown time between Hurley becoming number one and the end of the series. It's self-contained, although it's a rich period in the show's mythology that 's never been explored, so who knows what will come of it."

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
On Sunday night when I first saw the fight with Jack and MIB on the cliff, it definitely reminded me of Obi-Wan and Anakin's lightsaber duel on Mustafar's volcanic surroundings in "Revenge of the Sith". :D

JamesM

TRIBE Member
you need the proper lighting for that shit. like so at night it beams into the sky. drunks r gunna luv it.

Rage

TRIBE Member
So, has anybody seen/bought the complete collection yet? How's the extra footage? Doubt I'll shell out three bills for the Blu-Ray but...you never know!!

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
the extra footage can be found online its like 12 minutes and I was happy with it though dont get your hopes up.

Just saw a commercial for "the event". The last thing they showed was a woman saying "I'm not going to tell you everything". Im not going to invest my time. I watched persons unknown all summer and the network killed that before it got going. Nbc's "all will be revealed by summers end" never delivered. PU had promise.

I like the way lost wrapped and the epilouge pokes fun and gives you a couple last tidbits.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Well, you have to admit they were smart about it; people stopped watching Twin Peaks after the curtain was pulled back at the start of season 2.

Funny thing was that the network basically forced Lynch's hand on that one - he wanted to keep the mystery going, but the men in suits wanted resolution for their viewers.

Even though the Lost dudes were (obviously, now in hindsight) making shit up as they went along, they hooked the remainder of those of us not sticking around for the character portraits.
you cannot compare lost to TP, give me a break

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
the extra footage can be found online its like 12 minutes and I was happy with it though dont get your hopes up.

Just saw a commercial for "the event". The last thing they showed was a woman saying "I'm not going to tell you everything". Im not going to invest my time. I watched persons unknown all summer and the network killed that before it got going. Nbc's "all will be revealed by summers end" never delivered. PU had promise.

I like the way lost wrapped and the epilouge pokes fun and gives you a couple last tidbits.

Re1ease.net | New Man In Charge

basketballjones

TRIBE Member

i wish they just let lynch have his way
TP was the best show on tv ever besides AD

Persephone

TRIBE Member
This is up on Netflix now. I only watched the first season intermittently, not sure that I'll watch it on Netflix. Then again, the choices on Netflix aren't exactly great.

Anyways, just thought I'd share that info in here