• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LOST - The TV Show....anyone else hooked?

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yeah im just waiting for the oversimilified analogy which explains everything: "its like a record skipping. we just have to give the needle a nude" or "like filling a baloon with too much air, OF COURSE!"

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
I'm starting to think the island is some kind of hell. Why would anyone want to go back there?

Also, Locke's man-boobs appeared to be more pronounced in last night's episode. I wonder if all this time-travel is transforming him into a woman?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
The temple had egyptian hieroglyphs on it. Very strange indeed. The smoke monster is supposedly a security system for the temple. Kinda like how a Pharaoh would but a curse on his tomb. Or MAYBE it's some sort of prison? Making sure nothing gets out - or puts prisoners in?
How strange. It seemed to posses the French guy; which is totally strange. This is totally a new development. Now i wonder if the 'others' are possessed in the same manner?

Kinda glad the ginger died.

This episode rocked. Best one so far of the season.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
The heiroglyphics arent new. remember when the hatch counter reached 0 it had red heiroglyphics an ting.

We knew it was a security system too and the posession isnt too new - we saw it cloud other peoples eyes in the past.

Stan

TRIBE Member
Yeah we knew the Smoke Monster was a security system, but we didn't know what it was securing, or who controlled it. I'd always assumed it was created and controlled by the Others / Dharma, but if it's protecting the temple, that means that it could actually predate all the modern settlements. It could be tied somehow to the four toed statue.

From the Ajira Airways site:
excavation_title.png
Discover the ancient secrets of the long lost Polynesian civilizations, timelessly preserved in the world’s largest humidor - the South Pacific. Descend the steps and explore the antechambers, halls and places of ritual worship. Scour the mossy fossils of our human ancestors and uncover each unique brick, richly decorated and placed with the precision of a modern architect.

Also, the heiroglyphics appear on the sample boarding pass image that you can print off the site:

ajira_boardpass.jpg

bkxb

TRIBE Member
I would think they'd put some more production values into the scenes with the wobbly wheel that controls the island. That shit seemed straight out of Xena.

LOL, yeah that was a bit budget. Just knock it on its axis!

Do you remember that scene where Chinese Dhamra Dr. guy was in the mine (before he bumped into Faraday).

I could swear in that sonar picture they showed him, the wheel was there behind the bedrock.

WHERE THE FUCK DID THE WHEEL COME FROM????

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
well, at the very least, Ben had a way of summoning the Smoke monster although the technology looked pretty ancient. I'm thinking the Temple has something to do with the 4-toed statue (finally!)

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
He can totally control it. He called it to lay the smack down on the Marines during the hostage situation where Beefy captured and eventually killed Alex.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
There's a difference between calling it out and controlling it.

Although when he called it for the Marines, I think he had it turned up to 11.

or he could just be lying.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
im pretty sure it represents Cerberus, guardian of the underworld. This may make ben Hades, if he can control it. It ties the foot (greek?) with the heiroglyphics by way of alexander. Thats if teh island is pergutory.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
im pretty sure it represents Cerberus, guardian of the underworld. This may make ben Hades, if he can control it. It ties the foot (greek?) with the heiroglyphics by way of alexander. Thats if teh island is pergutory.

as i recall it was called a Cerebus System or something? I don't remember when that happened...

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
i dont remember anybody referring to the monster by any name other than monster or security. i'l have to reference the lostpedia and brush up on my geek (and possibly egyptian) mythology. I need a refresher course if I want to crack this pan-religious metaphysical mythology case wide open.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
Blast Door map, there was notes referring to a "Cerebus System" and various notes of CV which are supposed to be "Cerebus Vents"

Stan

TRIBE Member
as i recall it was called a Cerebus System or something? I don't remember when that happened...

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Monster

Cerberus

On the blast door map, several cryptic notations describe a "Cerberus system" along with four instances of the initials "CV". The producers of the show confirmed at Comic-Con 2007 that Radzinsky and Kelvin used the term "Cerberus" to refer to the Monster and that "CV" stands for "Cerberus Vents".
The Official Jigsaw Puzzles also revealed that the "CV" notations on the blast door map stand for "Cerberus Vent". It is assumed that the "vents" Radzinsky and Kelvin were referring to are underground passageways used by the Monster, such as the hole that Locke was nearly pulled into. ("Exodus, Part 2")
On the Lost Dashboard Theme for the Xbox 360, the words "Cerberus System" are in the background of the System Settings page alongside other various Lost-related terms, like Geronimo Jackson, Ben Linus, and Jacob.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Okay so you have a cerberus guarding the island. there are hyroglyphics denoting the underworld. When people leave the island they are 'lost souls' ... how is it NOT pergutory? after redeeming their souls they move on to 'a better place' even. i mean come on!

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
well, at the very least, Ben had a way of summoning the Smoke monster although the technology looked pretty ancient. I'm thinking the Temple has something to do with the 4-toed statue (finally!)

maybe.

That temple has an south east asian style architecture to it. But on one of the walls there is egyptian type hieroglyphs.
the four toed statue seemed to be made from granite or marble. Also, it was wearing a sandal similar to the greco-roman period.
My guess is that many, different civilizations suddenly found themselves on this island (could explain the black rock) and decided on forming new colonies.
The Temple was regarded by Ben as 'the safest place on the island' - no doubt, as we finally learn that the smoke monster resides in there. But just what IS it 'protecting'. It's a thorn on my side - we just can't know yet (if ever).
I'm possibly thinking that was a place or worship, a jail or some sort of tomb (maybe underground catacombs too?)

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
Yeah we knew the Smoke Monster was a security system, but we didn't know what it was securing, or who controlled it. I'd always assumed it was created and controlled by the Others / Dharma, but if it's protecting the temple, that means that it could actually predate all the modern settlements. It could be tied somehow to the four toed statue.

From the Ajira Airways site:

Also, the heiroglyphics appear on the sample boarding pass image that you can print off the site:

ajira_boardpass.jpg

okay kids - i had some fun with this image and found a pretty interesting easter egg.

use this image, print it off. Then, go to this link

http://70.32.90.124/images/ajira_origami_instructions.pdf

and use that print out with the origami instructions. It gives us a very nice little tidbit of interesting information!

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I have a print out and the instructions, but the instructions don't tell you which side of the paper is which.

do you fold inwards toward the bording pass, or outward.