• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LOST - The TV Show....anyone else hooked?

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
RumRogerz said:
are Michael and Jin dead? I dunno! I think they are.. but something tells me they aren't. Sheppard said something like 'It's okay, you can go now....' or something along those lines.... it blew my mind; i was screaming WTF at the TV.
Michael's dead. The reason jack's dad said "you can go now" is because the island finally gave Michael "permission" to die, whereas b4 his stint on the freighter - he couldn't kill himself no matter how hard he tried.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Libradragon said:
Michael's dead. The reason jack's dad said "you can go now" is because the island finally gave Michael "permission" to die, whereas b4 his stint on the freighter - he couldn't kill himself no matter how hard he tried.
Good point. Though I have a feeling the island won't let Jin die. At least I hope not.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
madnezz said:
Does anyone know what Sawyer whispered to Kate before the jump?
something along the lines of what he wanted her to do for him after she got back home - there was a scene a few episodes back with Jack and Kate (when Jack asked kate to marry him), and Kate was "out" doing something for Sawyer because she promised him she would.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
We don't know for sure that was Sawyer. She said she was doing something for 'him' but we don't know whom that refers to.

We assume it's Sawyer, but the way this show is written, that almost guarantees that it isn't.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Uh, we see all sorts of people that are exploded. Jack's dad, while not exploded, is dead but he's brukking all over the island and the freighter and ting.
I'm pretty sure he exploded too, as you pointed out that he was on the freighter when it exploded. So back to my previous question: How is it that all these exploded people are just going about their business like nothing exploded?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
zoo said:
I'm pretty sure he exploded too, as you pointed out that he was on the freighter when it exploded. So back to my previous question: How is it that all these exploded people are just going about their business like nothing exploded?
they 'survived' a fucking plane crash man.

consider that shark jumped from the first scene of the series!

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
I still say its only a mater of time before they find this guy, created by the dharma initiative

all the puzzle peices still fit

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
I learned that babies can survive helicopter crashes into the ocean.

So, are we to infer that Charlotte was born on the island?
How did Peter Venkman (Miles) know that she'd been on the island before? Did he read her thetan?

Do all of the nobody extras have to return to the island? (Then again, maybe none of them left. They were probably blown up or swam back like Sawyer).

Or do only those who know about the island and could jeprodize it have to return to it? Locke can't jeprodize the safety of the island if he's dead. Why does he need to return?

If Charlotte had been on the island before why didn't the island insist on her coming back? Or is that the reason that she did come back? But why did everything get all wack when she did return? I thought the return of islanders ensured the island's safety and well-being?

acheron

TRIBE Member
one thing we didn't see was what happened to Faraday and his little zodiac of nobodies. They were still on the way to the freighter - which blew up and then the island disappeared so wtf

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
KickIT said:
kinda looks like:
it's kahn noonien singh

In "Space Seed", Khan was one of a group of genetically engineered "supermen", a tyrant who was defeated in the Eugenics Wars of the 1990s.[1] These supermen had been bred to be free of both mental and physical defects. Khan had been both the most successful conqueror and the most benign ruler of the group, ruling western Asia with a firm but peaceful hand until he was deposed.[2]

He possessed physical strength and analytical capabilities superior to ordinary humans. It is speculated that he is from "the northern India area" and "probably a Sikh."[3]

Scientists used a selective breeding program combined with genetic engineering to achieve their aims. They were roughly five times stronger than the average person, their lung efficiency was 50 percent greater than normal, and they had an increased capacity for learning. What the scientists failed to anticipate was that creating a superior race meant creating a superior ambition; the "supermen" felt that their advanced abilities gave them the right to rule the rest of humanity.[3]

Conflicts amongst the "supermen" led to the Eugenics Wars, during which whole populations were bombed out of existence and the entire planet was threatened with a new Dark Age. Fortunately, by 1996 the tyrants were brought under control by a rebellious population.[citation needed] Most of the "supermen" died or were sentenced to death, but 84 of them, including Khan, escaped aboard the sleeper ship SS Botany Bay.[3]

On board the ship, the crew were cryonically frozen to allow them to remain in suspended animation. Khan was considered so dangerous that even two centuries later, genetic engineering was banned throughout the United Federation of Planets for fear of creating another tyrant like Khan

zoo

TRIBE Member
Rajio said:
they 'survived' a fucking plane crash man.

consider that shark jumped from the first scene of the series!
You're right! I was confused by the Dharma shark all along.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
i'm still waiting for an explanation about the 4-toed statue. I'm assuming the others only have 4 toes. During the episode where Richard meets a young Locke I was screaming at the tv for him to take off his shoes...