• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LOST - The TV Show....anyone else hooked?

Stop Bill C-10

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I don't think they would try to use the events of the island to explain real-life events, especially one as catastrophic as the tsunami. That's just asking for trouble.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
ya, there is the slight possibility somebody might be offended by the trivialization of thousands of deaths to advance a prime time story line.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
My completely-randome theory: Sayid has been working for Ben or the Freighters from day 1.

The whole thing with Naomi's bracelet, which he later gave to the berlin girl, seemed a little too symbolic. There was some kind of relationship with Naomi that hasn't been fully explained yet.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
hmmmmmm he was very interested in naomi - I thought he was just being spiritual but lost is never what you think
cool random theory rude...

maybe ill rent season one tonight

Snuffalupagus

TRIBE Member
Rude1_247 said:
My completely-randome theory: Sayid has been working for Ben or the Freighters from day 1.

The whole thing with Naomi's bracelet, which he later gave to the berlin girl, seemed a little too symbolic. There was some kind of relationship with Naomi that hasn't been fully explained yet.

I agree with the connection between Naomi and Berlin girl. Sayid gently closed the eyes of dead Naomi the same way he closed the eyes of dead Berlin. As well as the bracelet dealio.

Sayid is going to the freighter alone huh? Ben has a spy on the freighter, Who is the spy? Does Ben have a spy in the midst of our heroic castaways? Will we ever get another hot love scene with Evangeline Lily?

These are questions i need answers to!

Soulster

TRIBE Member
Rude1_247 said:

i actually briefly thought sayid was working for ben too. i got the feeling that the shot with the camera trained on him at the end when he was taking off in the helicopter was supposed to show that he was unsettled about leaving the island. like, maybe, that he had betrayed his friends and made a deal (with ben) to make sure that he got off. who knows, right?

i kind of thing that Locke turns out to be one of the Oceanic 6 and that HE'S the one in the casket.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Cage sex needs to be reintroduced to this show.

edit: I thought Locke was in the casket too, but now I think there's no way he's going to leave the island alive. Either he'll die at some point or stay there, but his 'connection' with the island is too strong.

Last edited:

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
some other things to think about:

- they didn't show him giving her the bracelet, so perhaps she ALSO received a bracelet from the same person (perhaps The Economist)

- bracelet had the inscription RG or RC on the inside

- why is pilot-boy telling nerd-boy not to tell Maninsky (the boss on the boat) what he's doing when he sets up the beacon test?

- why was Sayid so interested in Naomi's dead body?

- what was up with Jack explicitly saying " I can't believe we've been here for 100 days?"... seemed out of place, and it was noticable that something else happened before any of the freighters could acknowledge or respond to the comment

- Ben had what looked like a swiss passport with a different name, and they made a point of showing the Quran (sp) in his room

edit: Ben's passport details in white: Dean Moriarty from Zurich issued on March 2nd, 2003 and expired on the 13th.

edit edit: details on the name in white: Dean Moriarty was a character in Jack Kerouac's On the Road, the character was a pseudonym for a real person: Neal Cassady. Check wikipedia for details, can't post urls in white

Last edited:

Stan

TRIBE Member
According to Lostpedia, the plane crashed Sept 22, 2004. If they've been on the Island for 100 days as according to Jack, that would put the date of the last episode at December 31, 2004.

But then time moves differently on the Island than off it. Also, Jack could have been rounding off the number of days to 100 and it may have been actually closer to 90 days or so.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Actually, despite the fact that Miles and Daniel said it was a code, Regina from the freighter could actually be Naomi's sister (and be RG/RC).

Soulster

TRIBE Member
Snuffalupagus said:
Will we ever get another hot love scene with Evangeline Lily?

These are questions i need answers to!

judging from the previews the showed for next week, looks like that's the next hot sex scene!

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Have they always showed the previous week's episode at 8PM with the pop up commentary? I just noticed that last night.