• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

LOST - The TV Show....anyone else hooked?

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
An airplane crashes 1000 miles of course on a reallllllllllly weird island and a ragtag group of around 50 people are left alive.

This show is FUCKED, but really really good.

Anyone else watching it?
It's on Wednesdays at 8 pm. (aka right now :D)

(i'm managing to write an essay and watch it at the same time. now thats talent)

~allie~

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, and Damon Lindelof (Crossing Jordan) comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.Out of the blackness, the first thing Jack (Matthew Fox, Party of Five) senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help.

From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, and Damon Lindelof (Crossing Jordan) comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.Out of the blackness, the first thing Jack (Matthew Fox, Party of Five) senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help.

Sawyer (Josh Holloway) has an air of danger surrounding him, and his intense sense of mistrust for everyone around him could prove to be fatal to his fellow castaways. Michael (Harold Perrineau, Oz) has just gained custody of his nine-year-old son, Walt (Malcolm David Kelley, Antwone Fisher, You Got Served), after the death of his ex-wife – they are a father and son who don't even know each other. Locke (Terry O'Quinn, Alias, Primal Fear) is a mysterious man who keeps to himself, and who harbors a deeper connection to the island than any of the others. And self-centered Shannon (Maggie Grace, Oliver Beene) – who actually gives herself a pedicure amid the chaos – and her estranged controlling brother, Boone (Ian Somerhalder, Smallville) – constantly bicker and must learn to get along if they are to survive.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-24313/

LOTS more info there :)

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
NO NO NO what happened
i was in my stupid office on this computer
i'm gone - back to the show
Some unknown person just knocked Sayid unconscious just as he was receiving the signal on that intra-island radio thing they set up, they used a large wooden stick.

Nothing more on it.
It was very dramatic ;)

Charlie and Jack got out of the cave-collapse in (are those the right names? They followed a moth which is weirdly what Locke used for the drug analogy when charlie asked for them) but his heroin withdrawl is kicking in hardcore...why is locke helping him? Locke is a weird character. So far my favourite.

~allie~

Moez

TRIBE Member
I started watching it recently and can definitely see myself getting hooked.

MOSTLY because of Evangeline Lilly!! (The girl who plays Kate.)
She is stunning. ANNND she is from Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. woot!

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Moez
I started watching it recently and can definitely see myself getting hooked.

MOSTLY because of Evangeline Lilly!! (The girl who plays Kate.)
She is stunning. ANNND she is from Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. woot!
kates a canadian?

she is stunning :)

it's the first season of the show and it's only at what? episode 8? SO EVERYONE SHOULD START WATCHING

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Yes, except I always forget what day and time it's on, so I've only seen it twice.

It's actually not good at all. In fact its really bad. But I keep wanting more. Kind of like a John Grisham novel.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
I've been watching this show since it started, I think it's great.

Some of the ideas/theories people are posting on their message boards are a bit much though.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stargurl*
I've been watching this show since it started, I think it's great.

Some of the ideas/theories people are posting on their message boards are a bit much though.
my boyfriend has a few theories, but i think i'll just ride it out without trying too hard to figure it out - unless it becomes obvious before they reveal the big secret

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
I love this show!

And that thing that killed the pilot in that early episode that made a freaky ass noise?

Wicked.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
unfortunately, this is on at the same time as SMALLVILLE. i'll check this show when smallville goes into reruns though.

what's so weird about the island?