• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

lost in translation??

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
just saw it last night.

am i stoopid or what,

whats the big deal about this movie.
pretty good, im a bill murry fan, but
shit, all this hype and what not...

what am i missing here?
 

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
its alright to not like movies that alot of other people enjoyed.
i didnt really care about Memento, and the way some of my friends were talking, it was like the 2nd coming of christ on film.
different strokes, ya know?
 

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
its alright to not like movies that alot of other people enjoyed.
i didnt really care about Memento, and the way some of my friends were talking, it was like the 2nd coming of christ on film.
different strokes, ya know?
!!! me too.
shit man, the way everyone around here was talking about this movie
"oh you just have to see this flick, soooo good"

"it's a real brain warper"

gah, I fell asleep. tried to watch it AGAIN, fell asleep.

so. no. not so much.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
i think it's hard to like a movie as much when it's been so hyped. I saw this film when it first came out (and i wasn't expecting as much from it), and after seeing a whole lot of films that were disapointing (for example 13) I thought it was very different and refreshing.
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I actually didn't really like Requiem for a Dream, if that's okay.

I also didn't really like Pi.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
..except "Cabin Fever".
I STILL HAVE TO SEE THIS ONE

fack. forgot all about it.

good ole cheese horror.

and I didn't like Fargo or Pi either.

the dude in Pi creeped me right out.
 

marcinm

TRIBE Member
my sister rented this movie last night with her bf.. so i watched it later.. i also did not see what the big deal was.

in fact.. if it wasn't for what's her name looking cute the whole time, i would have turned it off halfway through and gone to sleep...

it kinda struck me as one of those tourism videos with a flimsy plot... seemed awkward as hell to watch lol
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
I actually didn't really like Requiem for a Dream, if that's okay.

I also didn't really like Pi.
I loved Requiem and watch it every six months late at night. That soundtrack is in my head all the time.

I didn't like Pi either though. The idea was brilliant but I found it suffered for lack of funds. The production value was poor and the acting was really flat.

I would like to see them redo and expand that movie. Put someone really good in the main door.
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
its alright to not like movies that alot of other people enjoyed.
i didnt really care about Memento, and the way some of my friends were talking, it was like the 2nd coming of christ on film.
different strokes, ya know?
Hello Resevoir Dogs.
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac


I didn't like Pi either though. The idea was brilliant but I found it suffered for lack of funds. The production value was poor and the acting was really flat.
SO much better than Requiem. But *shrug*
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Reservoir Dogs was to Pulp Fiction as Pi was to Requiem for a Dream.

In terms of budget anyway.
LOLol LOLolLOLol.. LOLolLOLlol LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLOL.. <--- sung to the Requiem theme.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
I think I hated every part of that movie except for the suits and Tim Roth's performance.
one of the best scripts in modern film and basically paved the way for MANY followers(clones really) and the acting is the best ensemble peice this side of glengarry glen ross(the same year too)...SO many facets to this character driven film if you watch it again and again...one of my top 5 EVER!
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
one of the best scripts in modern film and basically paved the way for MANY followers(clones really) and the acting is the best ensemble peice this side of glengarry glen ross(the same year too)...SO many facets to this character driven film if you watch it again and again...one of my top 5 EVER!
It's on so many favourite lists (not critics but fanboys). I understand why people really love it much like how a lot of women like Beaches.

But watching so many great movies at that time (especially Foreign ones at the festival that were doing basically the same thing), I just wasn't into it.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top